Ruger Mark II competition target model 22LR

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
This gun comes with:
5 magazines
Hard case
Soft case
Simmons Pro hunter 2-6x32 handgun scope
Volquarsten custom grip & original grip
Extra firing pin
And as a bonus 1400 rounds of 22LR
$900 firm, or will trade for 9mm in new condition
This gun has only had about 500 rounds shot thru it.
It’s a beauty
76F5FEA1-4058-4F9D-B4AD-39CEEDE02BE7.jpeg

177FC1E8-0955-4F5D-97FA-D8B538E50B31.jpeg
E4BD47D2-03BE-4666-B3FA-999A68028531.jpeg
436E1570-7E36-4E3F-BE4F-5C3A17B13950.jpeg

Al

This gun comes with:
5 magazines
Hard case
Soft case
Simmons Pro hunter 2-6x32 handgun scope
Volquarsten custom grip & original grip
Extra firing pin
And as a bonus 1400 rounds of 22LR
$900 firm, or will trade for 9mm in new condition
This gun has only had about 500 rounds shot thru it.
It’s a beauty
View attachment 485563
View attachment 485565View attachment 485564View attachment 485567
Al

Used to have a blued version of this weapon. I loved it. Regret getting rid of it really.

JC

Dang Al, the 1400 rounds are almost worth 900 by themselves these days....I thought you were posting a joke about having rounds for sale.....I mean I don't think there is a single available round of ANYTHING for sale in our parts..........

Very fine handgun. I know because I have one.

Are we buying or selling?

DOH! Just checked the classifieds. Al, I think it is great that you offer this firearm and accessories to the SmokingMeats community. This could cause a bidding war on other forums. Good luck, I'm sure it won't last long. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
Wow! Quite the good deal. I have a new Mark IV Hunter, 4.25" Barrel on layaway. 2 Mags, no case, no scope and no bullets, for $700. I'd show this to Bev but, I would prefer to keep my Manhood, where it is....JJ☺

It’s a great gun guys & as said above I’m selling it at an incredible price, when you figure in the ammo. It’s a very accurate gun & fun to shoot. It also will handle any brand of ammo. I’ve never had it jam on me. Hope one of you guys get it! If no one buys it here, I’ll probably put it on one of the auction sites.

Dang Al, the 1400 rounds are almost worth 900 by themselves these days....I thought you were posting a joke about having rounds for sale.....I mean I don't think there is a single available round of ANYTHING for sale in our parts..........

You are right, the 1400 rounds are the icing on the cake! And they are in very short supply everywhere right now, or cost a fortune.
Al

Got 1 just like it, it's a single hole shooter at 40y , I aint as steady as I once was but I don't sell any ever maybe gift, might have a breakin and all stolen soon though :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

You can also try targettalk.org to sell. It’s a forum very much like this one, but dedicated to the shooting sports, primary Olympic. It will go quick there. I have a Mk III with the volquarsten trigger and grips - works good for rapid fire. Not at the shooting range today though - smoking brisket, ribs and chicken! Of course, no rain in the forecast until 10 min ago....
E9ECCC89-1D12-4594-9E0C-951B2A20CFD8.jpeg

It’s a great gun guys & as said above I’m selling it at an incredible price, when you figure in the ammo. It’s a very accurate gun & fun to shoot. It also will handle any brand of ammo. I’ve never had it jam on me. Hope one of you guys get it! If no one buys it here, I’ll probably put it on one of the auction sites.

You are right, the 1400 rounds are the icing on the cake! And they are in very short supply everywhere right now, or cost a fortune.
Al
Al, did you get it sold? And was the lucky buyer a meat smoker?

No I haven’t sold it & I think I will just keep it. With this new anti gun president I think guns and ammo will be worth a ton of money. Especially the one that were bought from private buyers that have no paper trail.
Al

Reactions: DanMcG
No I haven’t sold it & I think I will just keep it. With this new anti gun president I think guns and ammo will be worth a ton of money. Especially the one that were bought from private buyers that have no paper trail.
Al
Wise choice, glad to hear that. I think it would be extremely difficult to replace. I'm having trouble finding low recoil shotgun shells for cowboy action shooting. I don't see the atmosphere changing any time soon.

Al
To bad I would have loved to do a deal. I had a standard model 1968 model and always liked and wanted a bull barrel.
Let me know if you ever change your mind like in a hour or so.

To bad I would have loved to do a deal. I had a standard model 1968 model and always liked and wanted a bull barrel.
Let me know if you ever change your mind like in a hour or so.

If you are a Florida resident we can do a deal, otherwise it has to go thru a FFL.
Al

I like the gun. Especially when some game developers try to create something similar or when assassins use this pistol. It's like a "hello" from the past.

Actually right now I am reading the book amazon.com/dp/B094NMRWPJ where one of the characters was thinking about obtaining a particular gun in order to kill John Kennedy. Or maybe it was just a thought?...

Anyway, thanks for posting your message. It looks cool!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky