Rudy's BBQ inspired smoked Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just noticed something with your peppers. Cut the ends with the stems off of them before you put them in the bottle. This will allow the vinegar to actually get inside of the peppers where all the goodness is.

Robert

Will do! I cut a few of the peppers in the jar on the left. Those Tabascos were tiny, I tried a few and they squirted everywhere so I left them whole. When I do the habs, I’ll probably cut them to fit in the bottle.

Last of the leftovers.... While I was out Xmas shopping yesterday, I texted my wife that we should have some mushrooms and onions. She agreed. I went onto SMF and saw tx smoker tx smoker Ribeye and Burgundy Mushrooms so I figured I’d change up my usual butter and Worcestershire method and incorporate wine. The Hive mind strikes again!

Bought a pack of 10 portabello caps. Here they are chopped:
E75B54C3-ACD2-48AD-B8B6-5C1D3B6F519A.jpeg

I sautéed two small sliced onions in 2T butter with a little olive oil. Sauté until translucent and then add mushrooms with 1 or 2 T more butter. Cook until mushrooms give off their water and then add 1 cup beef broth 1/2 cup wine (used Merlot) and season with salt pepper and thyme.
1453E1EA-43EE-4220-856E-FE53E2A4576A.jpeg

896B0924-77A6-4A8E-9B0D-32F0FDD7F758.jpeg

Add cornstach mixed with a small amount of cold water (I used about 3tsp.) and reduce. Season to taste. I added a pinch of thyme and parsley and another shot of merlot since I was going by color.
30730781-96DC-431B-81AE-720E9A4DD594.jpeg

47C7D0F5-658D-48CB-902A-BA9E96C02EAC.jpeg

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Add cornstach mixed with a small amount of cold water (I used about 3tsp.) and reduce. Season to taste. I added a pinch of thyme and parsley and another shot of merlot since I was going by color.

'Shrooms look great and a beautiful meal. What was your take on the mushrooms?

Kinda curious
Robert

'Shrooms look great and a beautiful meal. What was your take on the mushrooms?

Kinda curious
Robert

Thanks Robert!

They were delicious! Very rich tasting due to the butter..... But then again we like our mushrooms around here. My wife enjoys them the most.

I’ve had burgundy mushrooms before where they’re simmered for a few hours but you inspired me to make them with wine. I had a bottle of Merlot in the cabinet for 2 years. I don’t drink much wine by myself and Stacy isn’t a fan of dry wine, so the bottle sat there collecting dust (a fancier term would be aging, lol!)

I still really like cooking them with butter and Worcestershire sauce though. Much quicker to make those...also they’re good with balsamic reduction.

Wow what a meatloaf!
I am addicted to Rudy's Sause. A couple of months ago I bought like 6 bottles. My plan was that when people spring the "White Elephant" Christmas plans on me I would have a bottle of Sause to use as the gift. If it doesn't get gifted at one of those events then its just more for me hahahha.

Reactions: xray
Wow what a meatloaf!
I am addicted to Rudy's Sause. A couple of months ago I bought like 6 bottles. My plan was that when people spring the "White Elephant" Christmas plans on me I would have a bottle of Sause to use as the gift. If it doesn't get gifted at one of those events then its just more for me hahahha.

Thanks, I knew you were a Rudy’s fan from other posts. I really like the sause too, the meatloaf came out pretty good with it in. Add some to yours if you get a chance.

Having 6 bottles for gifts or for personal use is a win win in my book!

Thanks, I knew you were a Rudy’s fan from other posts. I really like the sause too, the meatloaf came out pretty good with it in. Add some to yours if you get a chance.

Having 6 bottles for gifts or for personal use is a win win in my book!

I'm due for a smoked meatloaf. Let's see if I can manage to make some time for one someday soon. I have holiday stuff ever weekend until after the new year so maybe at that point I'll have some free time :)

Reactions: xray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky