Rotisserie Info needed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It does look sweet. My only problem would be storing the thing while not in use. I'm running out of room in the storage shed. LOL
Thought about that. Then I looked up and I have an empty hook on a garage rafter that I could use.

I saw about a $75.00 dollar difference for the same thing .
When I buy I'll be running multiple screens comparing prices.

Chris

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Well.... they looked better on the phone, but here's a yard bird and a boneless leg o lamb in various states of progress. The chicken was lid off on a cooler night and I got a little out of hand with the fuel, but it turned out just dandy. That pic was also after sunset.

20221113_171917.jpg

20221106_163901.jpg

Well.... they looked better on the phone, but here's a yard bird and a boneless leg o lamb in various states of progress. The chicken was lid off on a cooler night and I got a little out of hand with the fuel, but it turned out just dandy. That pic was also after sunset.

View attachment 649707

View attachment 649706
Those look good bern, I like the dusk shot.

Well I just ordered the Onlyfire. I decided against the Santa Maria style because it was battery operated, and I don't always have the best of luck with battery operated gizmos.

The bummer is I probably won't be able to use it until March.

Chris

Cool, I assume you used a high temp engine block paint or something similar?

Chris
Yes, I did. Rust-oleum high heat paint. Good to 1200 degrees. I did a few burns first to be sure it was good and cured. And didn't spray the inside.

Reactions: gmc2003
Nice choice Chris, I'd think you'll be pretty happy with what you get. Why wait until spring, isn't the beer pole capable of handling a glass of whisky? Beer on a cold day = no. Ah, but whisky on a snowy afternoon warms the heart, makes everything good! RAY

Nice choice Chris, I'd think you'll be pretty happy with what you get. Why wait until spring, isn't the beer pole capable of handling a glass of whisky? Beer on a cold day = no. Ah, but whisky on a snowy afternoon warms the heart, makes everything good! RAY

I haven't had a drop of liquor since the early mid eighties(long story). Strictly a beer man. As I've aged I'm finding it more difficult to take the cold weather. Especially if it's windy out. I even bought a gas grill so I could do burgers and steaks in the garage during the winter months. Maybe with climate change I'll get out earlier.

I'm looking forward to giving that baby a spin, and hope it's a short learning curve.

Chris

Reactions: Colin1230
gmc2003 gmc2003 Chris, I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been wanting a rotisserie but was thinking I would get the joetisserie for the KJ Classic II. Even had it in my Amazon Christmas list..... hint, hint. Most all of my questions have been answered now. I'm thinking the OnlyFire for my Weber Performer is the better choice. Thank you guys, to all that have replied. This thread has been a great help and will be saving me a pant load of cash!

gmc2003 gmc2003 Chris, I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been wanting a rotisserie but was thinking I would get the joetisserie for the KJ Classic II. Even had it in my Amazon Christmas list..... hint, hint. Most all of my questions have been answered now. I'm thinking the OnlyFire for my Weber Performer is the better choice. Thank you guys, to all that have replied. This thread has been a great help and will be saving me a pant load of cash!
That's what these folks do day in and day out. They'll help you spend your hard earned money, but they make sure you spend it wisely. Good luck and have fun with the roto. I'm looking forward to using mine.

Chris

I'm thinking the OnlyFire for my Weber Performer is the better choice.
I have mine on a Performer . I actually store it on the lower rack when not using . I keep the motor and spit inside , but the ring can be slid under the ash pot if you kind of roll it in . Then the cover protects it all . Position right when using , you can still use the lid bail also .
1669724393244.jpeg

Last edited:
Colin, you won't reget buying the roti for your kettle.
I bought mine from Wayfair because the price was cheaper than Amazon at the time.
And no way was I going to pay almost twice the price for the Weber branded ring.
So, it does help to shop around.

Stu

That's what these folks do day in and day out. They'll help you spend your hard earned money, but they make sure you spend it wisely. Good luck and have fun with the roto. I'm looking forward to using mine.

Chris

LOL. Yes, we are enablers.

Stu

Reactions: gmc2003
Got it ordered, be here Monday. Thanks again guys.
Now, is the Napoleon basket worth having? We do vortex wings a lot and I would like to try spinning some but I have heard it is a pain in the butt to clean.

Got it ordered, be here Monday. Thanks again guys.
Now, is the Napoleon basket worth having? We do vortex wings a lot and I would like to try spinning some but I have heard it is a pain in the butt to clean.

I do have an old basket that my folks gave me many years ago.
It is more open than the Naploeon basket.
The key to cleaning these baskets is to spray them inside and out with EVOO or some other cooking spay before you add in the meat. After the cook and the basket has cooled off, I water soak the basket in a five gallon bucket for a day to loosen everything then give it a blast it with the garden hose nozzle.
Final clean up is done in the kitchen sink with hot soapy water.
IMHO, baskets are nice but they not necessary.

Stu

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky