Rotisserie Info needed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The pizza setup is a stand alone thing now . Cool design .
I really like the combo just for the smoking aspect . 2 grate levels and you can add charcoal without taking the lid off . To bad they don't offer it anymore .

Be easy to add lugs to the top of the ring for another grate or higher cooking position on the regular spinner .
I was impressed with the bang for the buck of the Only fire .
The Only fire does seem to be the best option from a price/quality aspect. As for the pizza attachment. As I age I'm finding myself eating pizza less frequently then I did just a few short years ago.

Chris

No need to be sorry about the lack of pics mr_whipple. I was that way when I first started out. My kettles are black also so the black riser would suit me fine. Thanks for the info on how you set it up. That would be the next thing I have to learn.

Chris
Actually I did take a few decent shots. I'll post them up later after I'm freed from the salt mines

Hey Chris, I got the Only Fire combo for my 22" kettle a year ago and love it. Never used the pizza stuff, most likely never will, I like the way my pizza comes from the oven. There is one maker of a ring and roto for the 26", Cajun Bandit, and there are pricy and have to be bought direct from the maker. I tossed around ordering one and decided to scrap the idea, I'm happy with what I've got.

DSCN4218.JPG

Hey Chris, I got the Only Fire combo for my 22" kettle a year ago and love it. Never used the pizza stuff, most likely never will, I like the way my pizza comes from the oven. There is one maker of a ring and roto for the 26", Cajun Bandit, and there are pricy and have to be bought direct from the maker. I tossed around ordering one and decided to scrap the idea, I'm happy with what I've got.

View attachment 649676
Thanks Ray. It seems Only Fire is the roto of choice on SMF and that's good enough for me. I'm not worried about the pizza attachment, but the Santa Maria model has caught my eye. I'll be doing some research today since it's raining. The wife wants to order it ASAP even though it won't get used till spring.

Chris

Hey Chris, everyone above has you covered. And the Onlyfire roti rings really are good quality. If you do get the electric motor, it's rated to handle 20 lbs and super quiet. I'm not sure what load the battery powered motors can handle, but they are out there.
I take it that you don't have power out by the beer pole?

Hey Chris, everyone above has you covered. And the Onlyfire roti rings really are good quality. If you do get the electric motor, it's rated to handle 20 lbs and super quiet. I'm not sure what load the battery powered motors can handle, but they are out there.
I take it that you don't have power out by the beer pole?
The beer pole is wired for electric so getting juice to the motor isn't an issue. I was just curious if they came with a battery back-up. I'm about 99% sure I'm going Only Fire. I just need to decide on a model.

Chris

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
A spinner forum would be great. It's gaining in popularity.

Chris

The beer pole is wired for electric so getting juice to the motor isn't an issue. I was just curious if they came with a battery back-up. I'm about 99% sure I'm going Only Fire. I just need to decide on a model.

Chris

Go for the wired motor then. Mine is just the plain old ring sans the pizza door etc.

Reactions: gmc2003
I had thought about the Santa Maria model then decided I probably would not use that feature much like the pizza oven version. I haven't had any regets thus far.
it seems kind of neat and we do eat our fair share of steaks around here.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky