Rotisserie in your pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbern

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
wondering if anyone here has added a rotisserie to their pellet grill?

if so how does it work? is it worth the effort of Gerry rigging one into a grill? watched a video on utube where a guy did a pork butt on one {was a rec tec model} and it looked liked it turned out very nice. also love rotisserie chicken, and there would be lots of other foods a person could try with it.

most grills do not have this option but I have a camp chef woodwind 24'' model and see on amazon that a person was able to add one to the same model grill with just drilling 2 small holes for a bracket to hold the motor and the hole for the rod going through the machine to a bracket on the other side of the grill with no holes for that one.

would love to hear from anyone that has experience doing it.

I didn't reply , because I have no experience doing it . That said it should be easy enough with some basic tools and know how .
Char broil sells the universal spinner that has a dead end bracket that clips to the grill grate . Just have to modify the live side .

no problem, yes i think it can be done without too much trouble. just have to get brave enough to drill holes into the grill itself.

was just looking to see if others had done this and what their experiences were with a rotisserie in a pellet grill. thanks for replying

Just bought my first pellet grill & would be interested in seeing how a roti works on one. But I think that with the fan it wouldn’t do much to change the outcome.
Al

Hi Al & Jim would a possible advantage be the item being cooked would be self basting itself in its own juices as it rotates making it "juicer"? don't know if it would make any more of a crisper crust??

Reactions: mike243
Hi Al & Jim would a possible advantage be the item being cooked would be self basting itself in its own juices as it rotates making it "juicer"? don't know if it would make any more of a crisper crust??
As far as basting dont see why not as far as crust not sure keeping outside wet will create any more crust unless your smoking at high temps. The rotisserie's ive seen have a pretty high heat source on one side to crisp things up. If your looking for rotisserie flavor I dont think youll get it but I could be wrong i usually am🤔

Last edited:
I thought about this before, and My conclusions were:
#1. A Rotisserie does nothing as far as Smoking goes, because Smoke already goes everywhere.

#2. As far as cooking goes, a Spinner could get the whole thing cooked more evenly, and it can help hold the juices. The "Showtime Spinner" brags about the constant turning of the roast, causing the juices to go back & forth inside the roast, and it never gets to the point of dripping off to the drip pan.

#3. And if your smoker has it's main heat coming directly from the source to the meat, a Spinner would be a big help in getting the whole thing heated, instead of just one side.

Bear

Reactions: scott williams
It's easy and a great upgrade. Drill two holes, install the rotisserie. Pellet grills are best suited for cooking chicken because they struggle with low and slow. At chicken cooking temps the smoke is light, which is what chicken needs too.

Reactions: scott williams
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky