Rotisserie basket wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings all,
I've been seeing this trend where wings are cooked in a rotisserie basket and thought I'd try it out. Some things to note for next time but the upshot is that they are very tasty.

So I had a hankering for some wings and hit them with some generic BBQ rub. I threw them in the basket and let it ride with some JD lump. Here was my major problem- I kept the lump to one side of the kettle which I think impacted the skin after spinning. But after they were ready I pulled them off, hit them with some buffalo sauce and then under the broiler for a few min per side. The result was really good wings. Next time I will dry the skin out a bit more and spread the coals across the grate instead of on one side. I can see this method becoming a go to. Only time and more research will tell!

Thanks for looking.

Screenshot_20220125-210447_Gallery~2.jpg 20220123_141726.jpg 20220123_142559.jpg 20220123_142710.jpg

that's a good idea, lets all sides of the wing cook equal. I like my wings very hot as in spicy, I use valentina sauce on mine and after some of the liquid evaporates I put more on.

Reactions: JCAP
Really cool technique. I hadn’t seen it before now, but man. I have enough gizmos on my list! This’ll have to wait!!!! Great looking wings!

Very cool!
Gonna have to give that a try!
We do whole chickens on the roti, but have never tried wings!
Gonna have to get one of those baskets!
Al

Thanks all! Appreciate the likes and comments.

There are a few baskets out there- this is the Only Fire basket and works like a charm!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky