Rotisserie Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
I said I was gonna, so here we are. Christmas Eve 2022. No shortage of guidance on the web for spinning ribs so off we go... large set of ribs, almost 5 lbs. Extra tender/meaty Smithfield. No kidding.. those are baby backs. Had to trim up a touch, I'll cook the extra piece in the morning for the puppies. Made a basic rib rub minus sugar to avoid burning. Maybe 20 degrees out and falling when this started.

20221224_124653.jpg

Fixins' for a Maple Bourbon glaze based on a popular recipe.

20221224_133511.jpg

Man must have fire to cook.

20221224_141719.jpg

Rubbed up and ready for the heat.

20221224_142845.jpg

Lid is going on.

20221224_143518.jpg

Maybe 50 minutes later? I ran no thermometers, just kept an eye on the dome temp for reference. I let them run for about 15 minutes more, IT was 195ish which was higher than I was shooting for before hitting them with the glaze but in the end it all worked out.

20221224_152756.jpg

Quick cook, but results were killer.

20221224_160557.jpg

20221224_161009.jpg

20221224_161222.jpg

No plate shots. I was full from eating these off the cutting board. Tender and juicy. Hopefully the carrots and greens out of the microwave do their job!

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Nicely done, they look juicy as all heck. On my list of ta-do's when I finally get my roto spinning.

Point for sure
Chris

Great job! I'd say the microwave is too far away...better just stay for more ribs!

Ryan

Reactions: mr_whipple
Man, I’m sorry I missed this! It was during some hectic days here! But, that is awesome! I love it! Really cool cook and beautiful ribs!

It was Christmas eve, so I'm sure you all were busy with other things. Me, I drank and spun ribs. I highly recommend trying this.

I missed it too . Those look fantastic . I did a half slab on the roto in my air fryer . Really tender . Been wanting to try it on the kettle .
Nice work .

I can't wait to do it again, but I have other things I want to spin so.. someday. As to the time, I was guestimating (and certainly having cocktails) but all said and done they took no longer than 1.5 hours.

I missed it too, but sure like the way that cook turned out! I had thoughts of spinning a rack of spares but wasn't quite sure how to pull the trigger. Some creative thought process there, nice work! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky