Rotator cuff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was looking at some of those cold therapy. I just not sure about getting it on and off by myself. I have ice bags and mats ready. Of course my shoulder feeling better now.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Brian!!
It seems that the Rotator Cuff is something that gets injured by a lot of Wrestlers. I often hear about college wrestlers with Rotator Cuff injuries.
In fact when My Brother and I used to coach Connie Mack Baseball (13 to 16 year olds) we had a kid (our catcher) who missed the whole season, because he injured his Rotator Cuff in his final bout, while winning The "Greco Roman World Schoolboy Wrestling Championship". He was 13 years old at the time, and 4 years later he placed Second in the Annual Pennsylvania High School Wrestling Tournament, so he must have healed up pretty good.

Bear

Well been about 3 months and going back to work. Just started using arm couple weeks ago. Still have a couple months of therapy to go. This been a tough road but there is light at the end of the tunnel now!

:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
That's Great Brian!! Hang in there!!

Bear

Well been about 3 months and going back to work. Just started using arm couple weeks ago. Still have a couple months of therapy to go. This been a tough road but there is light at the end of the tunnel now!
Congratulations. Is most of the pain gone after 3 months? I just turned 70; I figure if I have to stop working to rehab shoulder replacement, I'll never get back to work. Not ready to quit yet so I'm in "grin and bear it" mode.

Congratulations. Is most of the pain gone after 3 months? I just turned 70; I figure if I have to stop working to rehab shoulder replacement, I'll never get back to work. Not ready to quit yet so I'm in "grin and bear it" mode.
Most the pain gone now. Just gets sore from PT. Doc has me on 5 lb lifting restriction for 2 more months.

Reactions: one eyed jack
I looked at this thread months ago, scares the crap out of me. I'm very happy for you that things are working out! I've had both hips replaced in 2015, came out perfect. Both my shoulders are completely shot after 34 years in the carpenters union and hitting golf balls seven days a week, it hurts like hell to put on a tee shirt. Brian, are you able to sleep on your shoulder now? I'm 68 and unsure if I want to invest the recuperation time in the time I have left on this planet. Shoulders hurt all the time, affect my sleep, and make lifting things over my head more than just a little uncomfortable. I can still drag or lift 50-60 pounds around, and am still able to fish. Still scared. RAY

completely shot after 34 years in the carpenters union
Ray , you and me both . 30 years metal studs and dry wall . Tore my right one in 2007 lifting fire treated 3/4 plywood over my head . Couldn't raise my arm high enough to open a door . Didn't fix the tear because it was on the bottom side of the muscle , but he removed damaged muscle and bone on the top of the shoulder .
It's some bad pain ,, can't say it's not .

Reactions: sawhorseray
I hear ya Chop! I've got a friend who had the surgery a few years back and still isn't over it. I'm afraid if I let them cut me they won't stop until they do what they want. I want to be able to travel and fish for awhile, I can still get my Honda 2000's in and out of the truck. After a couple of five oz glasses of Evan I get a good four hours of sleep before the turning and tossing starts. Screw it, I'm scared to let them cut my shoulders. Never let them cut my back and I sure as hell have no regrets about that decision. Getting old ain't for sissy's! RAY

After a couple of five oz glasses of Evan I get a good four hours of sleep before the turning and tossing starts.
Yup . The self medication is a fact of life for heavy commercial construction workers . I retired at 57 . Because I was so broke down I just could not do it any more . After being off 2 years my shoulders are good , but the rest of me is shot . Need both knees replaced , but he wants to do back surgery first . NO WAY ! I'm doin pretty good on Jim Beam black and Budweiser .

Reactions: sawhorseray
I am 58. Took about 6 weeks to be able to lie down. The 1st few weeks pretty tough. I been doing all my PT. Almost 3 months now and after 2 days back to work it feels pretty good. First time feel like it going to be OK. I still have 2 months of PT but doing most of it at home. It is hard but you get through it. I did not wear sling much around house unless doing something. This my 2nd one. 1st one is back to 100%. Took about 6 months.

Reactions: chopsaw
I am 58. Took about 6 weeks to be able to lie down. The 1st few weeks pretty tough. I been doing all my PT. Almost 3 months now and after 2 days back to work it feels pretty good. First time feel like it going to be OK. I still have 2 months of PT but doing most of it at home. It is hard but you get through it. I did not wear sling much around house unless doing something. This my 2nd one. 1st one is back to 100%. Took about 6 months.

Glad to hear that it's working out OK.

I'm happy to hear that everything is working out well for you Brian, you deserve some good fortune after having gone thru all you've had to do. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky