• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rolling sidebox smoker...

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Waiting still to see some smoke. Looking great.

Warren

Chaos6

Joined Jul 18, 2020
Started to season about an hour ago.

Intake vent is adequate...does it's job well. Brings in enough air, doesn't when closed. The tuner plates are also doing their job. My Smoke X hasn't arrived yet, so I don't have accurate readings from inside the CC, but my hand-o-mometer is doing a good job. Right side was a bit hotter, but a slight tuner adjustment evened it out nicely.

I need to add a latch for the door...or build up the RTV on the lower left corner. There is a slight gap that leaks smoke. That'll be handled.

I just added coals to the CC in order to get it to an appropriate seasoning temp. All goes well, I should be smoking a rack of baby backs by noonish.

Chaos6

Joined Jul 18, 2020
Picked up 14 racks of ribs (buy on, get one), and a bone in shoulder yesterday. Should be good practice.

Chaos6

Joined Jul 18, 2020
My Smoke X hasn't arrived yet, so I'm flying blind, but they are baby backs so i have a bit of a cushion. Also some spicy Italian sausage

Hardwood charcoal and dried hickory

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like Chaos6 it is appreciated.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.