Rolling sidebox smoker...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Started to season about an hour ago.

Intake vent is adequate...does it's job well. Brings in enough air, doesn't when closed. The tuner plates are also doing their job. My Smoke X hasn't arrived yet, so I don't have accurate readings from inside the CC, but my hand-o-mometer is doing a good job. Right side was a bit hotter, but a slight tuner adjustment evened it out nicely.

I need to add a latch for the door...or build up the RTV on the lower left corner. There is a slight gap that leaks smoke. That'll be handled.

I just added coals to the CC in order to get it to an appropriate seasoning temp. All goes well, I should be smoking a rack of baby backs by noonish.

My Smoke X hasn't arrived yet, so I'm flying blind, but they are baby backs so i have a bit of a cushion. Also some spicy Italian sausage

Hardwood charcoal and dried hickory

...forgot the pic

Attachments

• 20200904_134850_HDR.jpg
    20200904_134850_HDR.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 17
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky