Rollin A Fatty: My Version

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here is the tutorial that Dan created. It located in the Fatties Sticky Section.

No - I think it's good to have more than one tutorial...well done.

Mine method starts with, "grab some gummed papers and..."

icon_mrgreen.gif

Nope, not gonna do it Ray- The way I look at it, different folks show different ways of doing things and not everyone learns the same way.

Besides, both tutorials are great. Plus I like the way that you show how you lay out your bacon in a weave and then roll the fatty in the weave.

I did read a post where someone wanted to see HOW the bacon weave is done as they always ended up with a mess . . .
icon_smile.gif
Now there's an idea for a tutorial!

Actually, I've only made four. After the second one, I got real tired of trying to piece them back together after tearing them and inerds falling out. What I did was stair at it and study it like I do a sick computer. I know, analyzing a fatty sounds kinda funky and a little unstable on my mentality behalf but ya know, it worked. LOL.

--ray--

Did my first Fatties on New Years Day for brunch with friends and family. This is my first attempt at picture attaching to this website. I've had my CharGrill since Sept 2009 and have done spare ribs several times. Also did a pork butt and 3 hams for Christmas dinner. The fatties had red potatoes, cheese, onions, garlic and some of Jeffs rub. Everbody was very pleased with the results of all my smoking. Forgot to take pictures of the first steps making the fatties. Well I tried to post pictures but web came back and said my pictures were to big. So will try later after I fiqure this out.

I do the same as you, snip the corner of the bag to release the air, except I skip the wax paper and just use the suran wrap.

Nice tutorial. Kudos to you for taking the time to write all this up.

I do mine fairly similiar. I skip the wax paper and just roll right off the ziploc bag. But seeing this I can see the benefits of using the wax paper and not fighting the sausage sticking to the plastic of the bag. Also, I don't roll in the Saran Wrap prior to the bacon application. I build the weave on the Saran Wrap and use the Saran Wrap to help me wrap the bacon around the fattie.

Oh hell, here's a link to a rolling a fatty tutorial that I did a while back.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=75932

Tell the Mrs. great work with the camera. Mine always rolls her eyes when I ask her to do that for me. HA

That's a good tutorial too. I was lookin real close scrolling down at how you were doin it and up popped this smile on you young-ones face. LOL It shocked me. That was cute.
Any how, I like using the wax paper. It seems like it lets me get a better roll out of the everything and hardly sticks.
Oh yea, I use to get the rolling of the eyes too. LOL
--ray--

Hey Dutch, If you or the mods want to combine mine with Ray's or even the dudes( or anyone elses) for one giant sticky, I have no problem with that.Its always good to have lots of input IMO.
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Great job Ray on the Tutorial.. the more the better in my opinion.

Also tell the Mrs. great job on the pics.. mine won't help me any more. She says I am too bossy and I expect too much.. (whatever that means)
icon_rolleyes.gif

Reactions: jkrezdorn
Wow. This is a great idea! I always knew fatties as well, you know... But I really like this idea. I'll have to try it out soon. What are the typical cooking times and temps?

Jon.

I smokem at 225-250 till they reach an internal temp of 160-165. I don't know who actually came up with the fatty idea but they need to be put in the prestigious "Smokers Hall of Fame." Hey, there's an idea, is there a "Smokers Hall of Fame?"

1.gif

--ray--

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky