Rolled beef brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DaveDesign

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Hi all, i planned to try some brisket tomorrow.

But the only Brisket I could get my hands on was a rolled piece. The butcher said it was thin so they roll it. After cutting to about the length I think my grill is I have a 1.8kg piece.

So how do I handle this for a smoke?. Obviously most of Google pops results for normal brisket.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi all, i planned to try some brisket tomorrow.

But the only Brisket I could get my hands on was a rolled piece. The butcher said it was thin so they roll it. After cutting to about the length I think my grill is I have a 1.8kg piece.

So how do I handle this for a smoke?. Obviously most of Google pops results for normal brisket.

Thanks in advance

Dave
Hi there and welcome!

If you can provide a picture I think that would really help people see what you are working with and give you the best response. I'm not sure what your brisket cut looks like since it is both thin and rolled :)

I'l have a read of the above.
20180518_191807.jpg

20180518_191844.jpg

20180518_191850.jpg

20180518_191932.jpg

Oh wow is that a brisket from a veal animal? :P

I think going burnt ends would be the way to go as it is even thin looking when rolled up.
The good thing is that many people consider burnt ends the best way to do some brisket meat.
I don't make them on purpose (only from my trimmings) but this would be the case where I would be all for it!

The consensus is totally for burnt ends! Not what I set out for but it's what I'm rolling with :) bad butcher!!

I dunno Dave, that's a tough one to figure out. My first thought was to unroll it flat, cover in rub, inject with beef broth, and put a layer of feta cheese and spinach on it then roll it back up and tie. I'm just not sure how that would work with a brisket. Let us know what you decide.

Chris

It looks like the grain is running lengthwise, so I would just smoke it like it is with a probe down in the middle. Take it to around 195 & after untying it you should be able to slice it just like a loin.
Al

It looks like the grain is running lengthwise, so I would just smoke it like it is with a probe down in the middle. Take it to around 195 & after untying it you should be able to slice it just like a loin.
Al

^^^Yeah, That !!^^^
I like that whole Plan!! :)

Bear

i cooked it flat in the end, did half as burnt ends and the other into a chilli con carne! id update with pics but i broke my phone:rolleyes:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky