Roll Call (Eager To Learn)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stwallace

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Dublin, CA
Hello everyone,

My name is Sean, I live in Northern California and am very new to smoking.  I've been coming to this site for a few months now to get some helpful tips, ideas, recipes, ect....  Figured, I might as well join and be a part all this.  I've been using a "Smoke Hollow, Grill & Smoker 7000CGS".  I don't know much about smokers and thats really what i'm trying to learn.  I am going to make a brick BBQ/Smoker pit in the near future and will be looking for some good input.  Also, i'm looking forward to meeting a lot of good people and make some friends.  

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

[font=Arial,sans-serif]Tips for New Members:[/font]

1. Be sure to put a general location on where you are located in your profile this helps us when answering questions you might have.

2. When posting your smoking adventures be sure to post plenty of Qview (Pictures).

3. Get a good Probe Thermometer as We Smoke By Temperature NOT TIME.

4. A good choice for a remote dual probe thermometer is the Maverick ET-732

5. If you are wanting to get into curing meat, there are many members here more than happy to help and give good advice.

6. If you are unsure of a procedure ASK, don't ASSUME, It will make your Smoking experience more pleasant...

Sean, welcome-we love it when a lurker decides to join the SMF family. There have been a couple of brick smoker builds posted in the "Build" forum.

As you have already discovered, there is lots of info to be had within the pages of SMF and lots of great folks to answer the many questions that you will have.

Hello Sean and Welcome to SMF. Glad to have another Californian here with us.

Reactions: stwallace
Dutch,  

You know I always seem to come across the same website....

http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/sid.htm

Its an awesome design and great webpage.  Its just not the way I want it.  Im going to post a thread about one under the Build forum and see what happens.  I love the fact that everyone gives their input, good or bad.  Its all a learning experience and everyone putting their heads together is a great way to do it.  And thanks everyone for the warm welcoming. Untill I figure out how to have a signature - Semper Fi.

Not sure why it didn't go through, but I tried to reply earlier this morning.... Maybe i'm doing it wrong.  Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and that I will be posting a thread in the "Build" Category as soon as some one comes to take the spa away that came with the house a few years ago so I can build a nice BBQ / Smoking area. 

welcome1.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky