Roast Pork sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bought a whole loin the other day , because the price was good . Cut it into 4 sections about 3 lbs. each . Put one in Pop's brine with maple extract .
Two sections to be determind , and used one for a " Philly style " pork sandwich .
Made an injection of unsalted Veg stock , Minor's garlic base and stick butter .
Injected and tied to even out the shape .
View attachment 632880
Had the kettle coming up to temp and used the spinner .
Seasoned the outside with Canadian steak seasoning .
View attachment 632881
Put the lid on and let it spin . Came back in an hour or so for a peak .
Getting there . Had some apple chunks just touching the coals .
Didn't want a lot of smoke on this .
View attachment 632883
Another 30 minutes or so she temped at 150 .
View attachment 632884
Pulled and resting in the house . I rest these with the spit inserted .
Keeps the juice from running out .
View attachment 632885
When it's cool enough to handle , I pull the spit and slice it up .
View attachment 632886
Even at 150 plus carry over , it's tender and juicy .
View attachment 632887

I mixed up a jus of Veg stock , Minor's Garlic base , Powdered beef base ,
stick butter and some Thyme . In a pot on the stove top .
View attachment 632888
Add the slices and put the lid on . Set the burner as low as it will go .
No boil , just enough heat to break down the slices .
View attachment 632889
In another pot , saute some spinach and garlic in butter . This pot was full , but it cooks down .
View attachment 632892
After several hours in the pot , the pork falls apart .
View attachment 632890
Use some crusty bread . Provolone cheese on the bottom of the bread .
Keeps it from getting soggy . You could also use Mayo or anything you like that's oil based .
Add some pork .
View attachment 632894
Then some spinach .
View attachment 632896
Spoon on some of the Jus , the roll up in foil as tight as you can get it .
View attachment 632898
In to a low oven for 15 minutes or so .
Slice across before you unwrap . This helps to keep the shape and stay together .
View attachment 632899
View attachment 632900
This came out pretty good . The pork is extremely tender and full of flavor from
the Jus . The bread is soft and soaked with the juice , but didn't fall apart .
I can't ever find broccoli rabe , so I use the spinach . It adds to it , but could be
left out .
Thanks for lookin
that looks mighty fine.

Reactions: chopsaw
Holy crap Chop, that looks fantastic! Nice work!
Thanks bud . It was a fun cook too . Spun it up in the morning , then on the stove all day . House smelled great .
Where does the line form? I'll take a half for now and one for later...
That's about how it went . I could only eat half .
Thanks for lookin Charles .

that looks mighty fine.
Thank you sir . Could be a cook for the SV too .
Fantastic, Rich!!
Thanks Gary .
I use loin to make roast pork, too, since neither Miss Linda nor I eat fat. And I'll take spinach over broccoli ANY day.
It's a great cut once you understand how to use it . The low simmer in the " juice " allows it to be cooked to higher temps . It's really good .
Never thought I would like spinach , but it's great on a sandwich like this .
Gary , hope your hand is healing up bud .

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Great looking pork roast sandwich Rich. Love the idea of second heating wrapped with the juice
And the final plated picture , sign me up for some of that
Thanks David . The wrap and hold in the oven gets everything on the " same page " . Helps it hold together and keeps it from falling apart .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Yes Sir! I'll take a plate just like yours. Mighty fine.
Jim
Jim , thanks for the comment . Nice change of pace , but still get to use the grill and gadgets .
Nice job Rich!
I’m going to have to spin a loin!
The sammie looks delicious!
Thanks Al . I love that spinner . I have a 3 lb. hunk in Pop's brine , I just might spin it to see how it comes out .

That is one decadent and great looking sandwich there Rich! I like the idea of the spinach on it. I used to see broccoli rabe everywhere but when you want it, it’s gone.

Very nicely done!

That looks excellent, Rich! Great work and those fries are killer. Looks perfectly tender and juicy.

Mmm, ham steaks with a crusty rub on'em. Or sure would be easy to glaze at the end of the cook too....
I just might spin it to see how it comes out . Slice thin and dunk in warm BBQ sauce for a sandwich .
That looks excellent, Rich! Great work and those fries are killer. Looks perfectly tender and juicy.
It was really good Mike . Had the last chunk for lunch today . The pork was even more tender . Funny how that happens . Put it in the panini press . I might like it better that way .
1653697361088.jpeg

Yup , those fries are a keeper . Thanks for lookin .

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky