Roast Beef Sammies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Roast Beef Sammies (Sous Vide @ 131° for 30 hours)

I was way overdue for some Roast Beef Sammies, so I grabbed some from my last Eye Round, that was in my Freezer.

I love these RB Sammies in a number of ways, as you will see.
I like them Cold, in a Burger Bun or Kaiser Roll, with Kelchner’s Horseradish Sauce, with or without Cheese.

I also like them Hot, in a Roll with Jeff’s BBQ Sauce, and with or without Cheese. The one I have here was with Cheese, and had Scallops Wrapped with Bacon & some Stackers Pickles on the side.

I can never decide which of the above ways I like best, because they are all soooo Good!!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

First I started with a Mess of Steak Fries in my #360 Air Fryer (and a couple leftover pieces of Onion Rings):
IMG_6327.jpeg

Then I built a Hot Roast Beef with Gravy Sammy, starting with Gravy under the first slice & on top of it, so there isn't any Dry Bread in the Sammy:
IMG_6328.jpeg

Then I laid out a bunch of Roast Beef Slices, and covered them with more Gravy:
IMG_6329.jpeg

Then I topped that with one more slice of Bread, add some Fries, and more Gravy on everything:
IMG_6330.jpeg

Next up is a Cold Roast Beef Sammy----Kelchner's Horseradish Sauce & a little Miracle Whip to cool it down a bit:
IMG_6332.jpeg

Then a few slices of Roast Beef:
IMG_6333.jpeg

Second Night's Sammy all Finished:
IMG_6334.jpeg

Another of the Same:
IMG_6335.jpeg

Third Night's Sammy is served:
IMG_6336.jpeg

Now we go to a Hot Roast Beef Sammy. First coat both halves of Bun with Jeff's BBQ Sauce---Great Stuff!!
IMG_6363.jpeg

Then fill it with Roast Beef & Cheese:
IMG_6359.jpeg

4th Night Hot Roast Beef and Cheese, with Bacon Wrapped Scallops & some "Dill Stackers Pickle Slices":
IMG_6366.jpeg

Thats a lot of good looking sammies Bear! I think my favorite would be the open face style with all the gravy!! Yum!

Nice ! They all look good . Open faced is hard to beat , but that one with the Horseradish is calling my name .
Nice work .

Looks good Bear! And definitely the hot beef and gravy!

Ryan

Thats a lot of good looking sammies Bear! I think my favorite would be the open face style with all the gravy!! Yum!

Thank You Travis!!
Everybody seems to think that first one is open faced, but if you look closely at the final Picture, with the Fries, you can see I put the second slice of Bread, with Gravy on top.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice ! They all look good . Open faced is hard to beat , but that one with the Horseradish is calling my name .
Nice work .

Thank You Rich!!!
Oh Boy, Horseradish with Beef is always awesome!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Everybody seems to think that first one is open faced, but if you look closely at the final Picture, with the Fries, you can see I put the second slice of Bread, with Gravy on top
Oohhhh! Yea I see now!! Lol !...well either way I'm pretty sure I'm going to be making that this week! I guess maybe I should have said "knife and fork style"!!

Oohhhh! Yea I see now!! Lol !...well either way I'm pretty sure I'm going to be making that this week! I guess maybe I should have said "knife and fork style"!!

No Problem, Travis.
3 others thought it was Open faced, too.
Dang Pictures are too small due to all the stuff on both sides.

Bear

All look delicious Bear. I'm really loving that Gravy non open faced sammy. Seeing the gravy on the fries, reminded me of many years ago, we'd go to Diners in Jersey , for a late night snack. Fries with brown gravy was ordered often. Haven't thought about that in years. Thanks, reminds me of good times.

I agree with Sowsage Sowsage on all points.

Hi Eddie,
I tried to reply to your Chat, but I don't know if you got it.
I don't do Chat---It's too much like Facebook.
I tried to reply to you through "Start a Conversation", but that doesn't come up on your Page.

Here is my reply:
Hi Eddie!!
Below are my best Chuckies, by SV.
The one ends up like a Big Ribeye Steak in 48 or 50 hours @ 131° or 132°.

The other one makes Great Pulled Beef in 30 hours @ 165°.
I just did one yesterday that I did for 48 hours @ 165°, and that might have even been better than the 165° for 30 hours.

Links:
Chucky 50 hours. (By Far My Best Tender Sliced Chucky)

Pulled Beef Chuck Roast (Perfect Pulled Beef)

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky