Roadside Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Fired up the old Barrel grill. I have several grills and I think this my favorite. Can raise and lower charcoal grate and have top rack to use.

20200529_184701.jpg 20200529_185638.jpg 20200529_190550.jpg

This my last time making this. It gets such great reviews but the only thing I really see it does is make the chicken skin soggy. Really not that much flavor from all the basting.

Last edited:
Could change the name to “soggy bottom chicken “ though

Whats the process to make the chicken. Looks good

Nice. I just made Roadside Chicken the beginning of the week. I tried a different approach. I made the Basting Sauce but strained it and injected the sauce into the Chix parts. Took the solids, spices, and used them as a Rub. Cooked the Chicken in the Oven, no grill yet. The Chicken had all the flavor and crispy skin too!...JJ

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky