Rising Life tablets suspected in elevated lead cases, 2 deaths

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I thought this was worth posting....  http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2016/...in-elevated-lead-cases-2-deaths/#.V8WYleSV-Uk   ...

Local, state and federal officials are investigating Ton Shen Health in relation to elevated lead levels in children and two deaths that occurred after people took a Life Rising brand dietary supplement.

The Chicago-based Ton Shen Health company recalled one lot of Rising Life brand “DHZC-2” tablets on Aug. 11 after testing by the Food and Drug Administration showed the tablets have 56 times the amount of lead that would pose a health risk for children. That recall has been expanded.

That just goes to show you, there really is no regulation over vitamins & other supplements.

Unless you buy from a reputable company, you are really taking a chance.

Some of the stuff they sell in the Health Food stores is really questionable at best.

Al

From what I understand, the "Health Food" industry has NO supervision...    They can put anything into any supplement.....

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

I don't think I would be inclined to buy anything healthy

or not from the Ton Shen Health? Co.

You've really got to check them out today.

It's disgusting what some folks in this world will do

for money today including Americans.

Ed

I think I'm pretty safe.  My idea of a health supplement is smoked pork butt.    
icon_smile.gif

Gary

Reactions: grillard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.