RIP Tina Turner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I saw her in 1972 at the OKC Fairgrounds. We went to see the opening act, Trapeze, but she was good. I took a cute little red head to this concert. Was a good time.

Hard to believe this was 51 years ago.

Trapeze Fairgrounds.jpg

I was to young , but have some older friends that used to see Ike and Tina Turner at some bars downtown way back when she was late teens early 20's .
She took off after he was out of the picture . Great performer .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Caught the Ike and Tina Turner Revue a couple times at the Fillmore West around 68-69. She was great, the whole show really, he wasn't even anything to remember on the guitar. Three shows for three bucks, they were never the main attraction. RAY

Great artist and performer! I feel she suffered the same fate as Phil Collins and was completely overplayed in the day.

You know me and my weird music posts...

She was in Tulsa in the mid 70's with Ike at a hotel venu on Yale just south of I-44 (for the locals) I had front center seats about 4 ft from the stage. Yep, hot legs all the way up and sweat flying everywhere with her entergetic dancing while singing. She was always a classy lady. Sorry to hear the bad news.

Reactions: chopsaw
Yeah, seems like every week another memory passes on. I remembered seeing her in Nashville while at uni. I couldn't remember the date details, but found a website with ALL her concert dates. Here's the one I attended in 1974 with guys from my dorm floor.

The one memory that pops into my mind when I think of that concert is her wearing a shiny gold mini-skirt dress as she did her stage shimmy. So much energy.

R.I.EnergeticP. Tina Turner.

MuncipalAuditorium1974.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky