RIP POPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So Sorry, I think everyone on this Forum will surely miss "Pop's"
I also know everyone on this Forum has learned and benefited from him as well.
It was said above he will live on in pretty much all of us, with the contributions he made to this Forum. I never got to meet him, but those who have and knew him will have a big empty spot in their hearts. My condolences to his Family and Friends. You will be missed more than you know.

Gary

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
All I can do is echo the sentiments expressed here by our fellow forumites.
My first introduction to homemade bacon was because of Pop's Brine. I've shared it with many others, so his achievements live on thru us all.
Pops, you will be missed. Please say hello to Scarbelly for us.

Last edited:
Can we start a gofund me for Pop's wife or operation bbq relief, I know Pop's supported them.
I would do it but I'm not good with that sorta thing.

RIP Pop's, you were very helpful and always willing to answer peoples questions, we will miss you.

See you on the other side and prayers sent too your family and friends.
Dan

Reactions: Trigger01
Very sorry to hear this news. Even as a newbie to this community Pop's contributions to the knowledge base here are patently obvious. Like someone posted above, his brine has done wonders for my smoked turkey breast and it's the most requested thing I make. Thanks to Pops for that as well as the many things I have yet to learn -- but he's left here for the taking.

Sad sad news! My sincere sympathy to the family.
I learned a lot from him and he will be missed!

Sad news indeed. Thanks for your contributions Pops. I still use Pops brine for my pork hocks and occasionally bacon and pass it along whenever I encounter someone who is just starting out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky