RIP " Hank Aaron"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Hank Aaron passed away at the age of 86. A true legend.
Thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends. RIP...

Rip to one of the greats. Espn had a good tribute to him. He broke all kinds of records and changed the way a lot of the world looked at minorities playing in sports

A great guy by all reports. And went thru a lot of crap breaking the record. Not the dominant player that the Babe was, but different times. At least you know it was an honest accomplishment.

One of the greats Hammering Hank and Say Hey Willie were two of my all time favorites. He would be making $35 mil a year playing in today's game.
I got to hang out with both of them for a few hours before the Giants MVP awards dinner at the Hyatt Regency in SF.

I was a Local #39 Engineer at the Hyatt for several years I got to meet a lot of great athletes and famous people working there. Most of them were way overrated but Willy and Hank were great together heck we didn't even talk much about sports.
Willy was a duck hunter so that was our common bond and Hank did a lot of fundraisers for our waterfowl association.
RIP Hammer'in Hank.

Last edited:
Also he was very modest. Something a lot of athletes now a days should pay attention to!
He was always a gentleman and a class act. Hank was in the car business in Atlanta with a good friends' dad. He always talks about how humble and kind of a man he was.
RIP Hammerin' Hank

RIP, He was definitely one of the greats, for sure. To use an old cliche, They don't make em' like that anymore.....

Truly one of the greatest. Like everyone said, Humble and Kind. Always a gentleman. RIP Hammerin' Hank.

Watched a lot of baseball back in the 60's growing up, quit when they threw pete out, lotta great folks passed on now and they didn't end up in the news for a bunch of crap like a lot of modern athletes so you kinda forget about them as time fly's on by, RIP

....was there the night he hit his record setting homerun--beating Babe Ruth's record. .. bad thing--I was outside the stadium selling tickets for a 2nd job.

Hank Aaron will always be a legend in the sport of baseball. And a very humble man who played the game with pride. He broke the color barrier and it was a fight for him. But God rest his soul he did it.

An icon from a era that reigns supreme. There was a time when you could almost count on the NL Allstar out field to be Aaron, Mays, and Clemente year after year. I saw them all going to Candlestick with my dad and uncles, Hammerin' Hank was so much more that just another ballplayer, RIP. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky