Ribs: St. Louis Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1624555370017.png

:emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Looks Great, Chris!!
I'd start with a plate just like yours!!
Like.

Bear

Come on down John, the doors always open. Thank you very much for the like also.

I’m pretty up to date about beer, but pretty new to smoking.

Beer pole?

Have I missed the boat on an important smoking technique? I probably have a 4x4 that I can plant. How do I use it?

WOW, how'd you become a member without a beer pole OldSmoke :emoji_laughing:. When I was younger I planted a empty can of beer in my yard and this is what grew. Now it's an indespencable part of my BBQing equipment.

Seriously, the pole is large enough to hold my beer safely when I lift the lid to one of my cookers. Yet small enough to prevent the wife from putting her crap on it. So she leaves it alone.

Thanks for the kindly words and like Smoke appreciate them.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
YEAP! Another great post Chris!

Did you pull the membrane off? And what type of wood chucks did you use?

One apple and one hickory(the hickory was the first one). No I don't bother with pulling the membrane off. To much work for this old coot. I was a little dissapointed I didn't get those Arkansa hillbilly teeth on this one. Maybe it was because of the membrane. Appreciate the like and compliment also Justin.

Wowie great looking ribs a nice plate. But I would like the sweet tater. Salt and pepper works for me.

Warren

Thanks Warren, my wife loves sweet potato so I always make sure to put one on the grill for her. Gotta keep her happy so she keeps doing my laundry. I appreciate the like and kindly words also.

Chris

Nice job Chris, beautiful color on that rack, Like! RAY

Thanks Ray and for the like. The color is mostly the BBQ sauce glaze I put on for the wife.

Chris

When I was younger I planted a empty can of beer in my yard and this is what grew.

Wow, that’s how beer is made. I have had it wrong for so many years. I am taking my box of empty (empty, right?) cans and starting a garden. How long before the beer plants mature and produce? Do they need to be pollinated?

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Nice bend to the ribs Chris, plate looks great.....have not made ribs for a month or so . Now i have to, thanks for the tasty look

David

Appreciate the kind words and like Dave. I don't make ribs often but with all the posts on ribs lately I got a taste for them.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky