ribs. how long what temp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woody2140

Original poster
Dec 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
so i am doing a couple racks of pork ribs today. how long and what temp should these take? i know i have to get the internal temp up to 160 but was just wondering about an estimated time.

i have an mes 30.

thanks

so i am doing a couple racks of pork ribs today. how long and what temp should these take? i know i have to get the internal temp up to 160 but was just wondering about an estimated time.

i have an mes 30.

thanks
Spare or Baby Backs?

Spares 230˚   3-2-1

Baby Backs  230˚    2-2-1

Do a quick search---Probably a thousand threads on these----and 900 of them are the same.

Bear

gotcha, thanks for the help guys, now the 3-2-1 makes sense, lol.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

And ribs are one the few things we cook more by time than internal temp. Sounds like you're on your way to some great chow later!

Happy Smokin!

Last edited:
Since this your first try at ribs I would follow the 3-2-1 method. It's pretty fool proof. Then next time you can begin to experiment with different variations or no foil at all. Good luck & don't forget the Qview finish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky