Ribs for Hungry Boys- Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ivegotmoxie

Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Southern Maine
When I got the pork shoulder a few weeks ago I saw these, so I grabbed 'em. I didn't get a chance to cook them, so I froze them. Took them out of the freezer Thursday night, thawed 24 hours in the fridge. They were still a little frozen when they got rubbed.

After thawing until Friday night, I coated them with mustard and SmokinAl's pork rub.

Kept in the refrigerator overnight- these are for lunch after some morning wrenching, so I'll be up at 5:30 to start the pellet smoker...

Of course, nature intervened. I was up and out of the house from 9:30PM Friday to 3:00AM Saturday on the firetruck cleaning up after a severe thunderstorm blew through town. I still managed to get up at 5:30 and had these on the smoker by 6:00. Then I went back to sleep. Gonna love the set-it-and-forget-it pellet smoker!

My buddy's car jacked up in the background, tool cart (left) and bbq cart (right) flanking the smoker. I'm using two ChefAlarms to measure the IT of each rack. I'm shooting for 200F.

Slathered with sauce and sent up to searing temps to burn off the membrane.

Ready for lunch! 6 hours at 225F in the smoker, then ~ 10 minutes at 500F to burn up the membranes.

Love the pink smoke ring below

These didn't last. My buddy proclaimed these the "best ribs ever". Not sure about that but they were pretty good.

Until next time- J.D.

Great looking ribs J.D! 
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky