Ribs and removing membrane

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello.  As I have stated many times I don't use rubs most of the time.  I have never found the need to remove the membrane on beef or pork but I did recently ask Wade to show me how it was done so the next time I will try it.  The old timers I learned from never removed it and I just never developed the habit.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

I usally yank it off, but not always. Depends on how lazy I feel at prep time.

The past couple of years Ive been removing the membrane.   Don't know if I noticed much of a difference.  

The reason I take the membrane off is because the ribs are a lot easier to eat and by taking the membrane off, the rub can blend in from both sides.  If you leave the membrane on.  you might as well just season the meaty side of the ribs.  In the end it's personal preference.  Reinhard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky