RIB'S, 2 Ways, Singles and Slab. ( Potato Loaf , needs work )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Phenomenal thread David as per usual. Just top notch all the way! I have been wanting to try the single rib smoke for a while and think you just pushed me over the edge!

Thanks Justin for the like and the comment

Sorry for the push, lol
Right now I am on a singles kick ( Ribs Mona Ribs ) that was close. lol

Like I mentioned love slabs all cooked up any way at all, just right now the singles have more square footage for flavours, but take more room in the smoker.

David

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Great looking ribs, David. I'm not big on ribs--don't eat any fat, so I normally pass on them. Be sure to let us know about the potato loaf, that sounds interesting.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the like and the comment

Too bad about you and ribs , but totally understand. And yes the Browned Potato Loaf is on it way to the testing field again very soon.
Will repost in this thread when I figure it out, lol

David

Both of the ribs look great but I think I have a date with the potato loaf. Like you, I'm a bit of a potato junkie and always love the creative things you do with them. I've already thought through how to get it browned. got friends coming over this weekend and I might very well jump into this for their dinner.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Both of the ribs look great but I think I have a date with the potato loaf. Like you, I'm a bit of a potato junkie and always love the creative things you do with them. I've already thought through how to get it browned. got friends coming over this weekend and I might very well jump into this for their dinner.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Meal was good and the honeydew melon and diced tomato was very refreshing,

Let me know if you figure out the Browned Potato Loaf for your weekend meal.
As I am still in the lab working on it

David

Awesome work David and congrats on a well deserved ride! Ribs either way look beautiful and, like everyone else, the potato loaf is intriguingly new to me! Can’t wait to see how that evolves! You also have me wondering why I always keep pork ribs together in a slab, but break short ribs into individuals to maximize smoke and bark🤣

Top notch as always! Big points!

Awesome work David and congrats on a well deserved ride! Ribs either way look beautiful and, like everyone else, the potato loaf is intriguingly new to me! Can’t wait to see how that evolves! You also have me wondering why I always keep pork ribs together in a slab, but break short ribs into individuals to maximize smoke and bark🤣

Top notch as always! Big points!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

An for the carousal ride , it is always an honour to have a picture rolling around up there , and thanks to whoever decides on that.
And yes for the ribs as of now anyway that is my way to do them until I change, lol

Browned Potato Loaf is into the lab for more analyses , but will keep up on the progress

David

Reactions: bauchjw
David, I'm not sure how I missed this, but it all looks great. That loaf is interesting and sounds similar to a potato cake I like to make occasionally. Nice work...

David, I'm not sure how I missed this, but it all looks great. That loaf is interesting and sounds similar to a potato cake I like to make occasionally. Nice work...

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment

Yes it was a good batch of ribs,
And the Potato loaf recipe caught my eye from an old book as it was called " Browned " so I thought the roux or something would turn the loaf brown, It did not , so I will have to do more testing to see if maybe the recipe was missing something . Or I did something wrong

Your potato cakes, are they like pancake ideas or ??? Because I love potatoes

David

This one slipped by me David. Those singles look terrific. I've been seeing a lot more of them lately. I think I'll have to give it a go.
For the potato loaf. I wonder if using muffin tins would work better?

Point for sure
Chris

This one slipped by me David. Those singles look terrific. I've been seeing a lot more of them lately. I think I'll have to give it a go.
For the potato loaf. I wonder if using muffin tins would work better?

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

I also have let a few other post from folks slip by, busy in the house lately.

All good Chris,
Now yes the ribs were very good , I like singles as more real-estate for the crisp and the spice, and cook quicker.
But I like ribs anyway they are presented.

I have used muffin tins also, but this recipe came out of one of my old cook books I have, followed their way. I think the browned in the name must have meant something else, because it really did not do what I thought it would, and never turned brown. I could make the top brown many ways , I thought the whole thing would have been brown....... more testing required

David

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky