Ribeyes...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...dry aged and reverse seared were on the menu. My wife's cousin was in town this weekend from Tampa. We don't get to see him but maybe once a year and I had 2 more 42 day dry aged ribeyes left so why not?

Not many pictures, but here we go...
20220709_161504[1].jpg

Simply seasoned with SPOG and onto a kettle of lump for a reverse sear. I added a split of hickory for some additional smoke...
20220709_181826[1].jpg

About 120℉ IT and then the sear...
20220709_182017[1].jpg

We'll call them done, time to rest...
20220709_182137[1].jpg

Meanwhile, I fried off some smoked jowl, added water, and some fresh green beans and red potatoes...
20220709_161535[1].jpg

Sautéed some fresh squash and Vidalia onions...
20220709_161608[1].jpg

Served with corn fritters, sliced tomatoes, and cucumbers. Time to eat...
20220709_185031[1].jpg

All of the vegetables were fresh and local. Steak was a little more cooked than I prefer, but was OK. My wife's cousin really enjoyed the dry aged steak and had never had one aged for 6 weeks. He commented about how he could really taste the difference...

Nice plate Charles .
There's times when I skip the sear , because I know it's cooked how I like it . I understand you had a guest though .
That strip of cap meat is so good .

Oh man that all looks good.
Thank you!!
Man that looks amazing
Thanks Adam, I appreciate it...
Great looking spread Charles. Tomatoes and cukes are on my plate tonight as well!
Thanks Jake. I love this time of the year when good tomatoes and cukes are readily available. Nothing beats the flavor...
Fantastic looking meal.
Thank you Doug...
Very nice! Great job there
Appreciate that very much...
Nice plate Charles .
There's times when I skip the sear , because I know it's cooked how I like it . I understand you had a guest though .
That strip of cap meat is so good .
Yes Rich, that cap is the best. I often skip the sear too, but as you said, guests. That's when I feel I got it a little over cooked for my taste. Thank you...
Fine looking meal Charles. And nice to share with family ( sometimes , lol)

David
David, it's all about family here and enjoying our brief times together. Thank you for your compliments...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Excellent meal Charles. Cooked perfectly. Congrats on the Carousel ride.
Mike, I appreciate it...
Man oh man, that is country fare at it's finest!! What a great meal my friend. Absolutely over the top buddy.

Robert
Thank you Robert, very much appreciated...
Oh boy do those look good Charles.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris, the flavor of those aged steaks is unreal, very different from regular steaks. Thank you for your compliments...

Oh wow, much faster than I would have thought. I might do them from frozen for more smoke time ala SmokinAl SmokinAl
I have done them that way, too. Really like that method, but I had these on the counter for a couple of hours and when I stuck the probes in to put them on the grill, one was 73℉ and the other was 72℉...

Reactions: clifish
You sure did the steaks justice! Looks delicious! Still waiting on garden fresh produce here, sadly!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky