Ribeye with new rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sky monkey

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2015
Western Oregon
I read about the Hardcore Carnivore rubs in an earlier post or two and ordered some from Amazon. Came in Saturday but I had no suitable piece of beef to try it on. Driving past the butcher today I swung in and had them lop me off 2 ribeyes at 1 1/2 inches thick. I was already planning on doing a run of cold smoked cheese tonight so I got that started then rubbed the ribeyes with Hardcore Carnivore Black. Normally I'd only use SPOG on a steak but what the hell, I'll try anything once. Since I had the cold smoker going I set them in under the cheese while I got the sous vide going. The cheese was smoking in A-Maze-N Pitmaster's Choice sawdust (currently out of stock and I just used my last tonight! O.O ) I only left them in the smoke for 15 minutes (wasn't going to be my method of cooking for these babies) then vacuum packed and into the sous vide at 133 degrees for an hour and a half. Finished in a screaming hot cast iron with some butter (sorry about the smoke kids, it's important) Served with some roasted potatoes and broccoli. That rub is amazing, will buy again. I was hesitant about the activated charcoal on my food but man, this steak was tasty!
20210111_174804.jpg

20210111_193456.jpg

20210111_193538.jpg

20210111_193751.jpg

Nice looking Ribeyes. Perfectly cooked, and the potatoes are a great side. Great job.

Beautiful! I've not played with Activated Charcoal in Rubs. Got to look into it further. Thanks for posting...JJ

Those REs look really good from my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks for the likes! I'm going to use this rub on a tri-tip in the smoker and reverse seared this weekend. Dying to do a brisket with it but with this Covid crap I can't get enough people over to justify one yet :/ Soon!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky