Ribey and strip steaks for supper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bladeguy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Central Wisconsin
Haven't had steaks in a while, but I had some in the freezer, so we pulled them out and are going to grill them tonight. Two ribeyes and two strip steaks. Right now I am dry brining them in the fridge......just a little over 1/2 tsp kosher salt per lb. of meat rubbed on to the steaks for a few hours prior to cooking. Here is a pic, planning on a reverse sear on the Big Joe, will post more later. The steaks aren't as beautiful of a color as they were when I brought them home from Costco due to the freezer, but I bet they taste just as good when I'm done with them!

We ate high society tonight.......we use that line to say we ate later than usual. The town we live in was a paper mill town (still kind of is), so when we were kids, most dads got off of work at 3:30 and so we often ate supper between 4:00 and 5:00, so when we eat later than that like they do in the big city, we always said we were eating high society.

Anyway, steaks turned out great! Not perfect, but great. A little more done than we prefer....I left them searing longer to get a good Maillard reaction, but that made them more like medium than medium rare. Oh well, still juicy and the ribeye was still cut with a fork tender.

The outside looks perfect.

The inside is just a little more done than I like....however my wife and kids think this is perfect, so all is well. Dipping the bite sized pieces into the au jus on this plate took it to another level.

Great looking steaks. That's how we like'em

Thanks, I like them slightly more rare, but the fact that there were no leftovers gives away the fact that I was just fine with how they turned out....:biggrin:

Nicely done. I'm gonna stop over for dinner at your place. Too bad I was late for tonight's dinner. Thumbs Up

Mark

We thought about waiting, Mark, but we knew you wouldn't want us to let the food get cold.......:icon_redface: Thanks, oh, and by the way, jerky is done too, posted pic in that thread.

Nicely done! I pulled a couple of sirloin steaks from the freezer from a half steer I bought from a friend. I pan seared them and tossed them in the oven after spooning some butter and Chimayo chili powder over them.

Don't you just love good beef?!?

Super steaks, Sir!

Kudos, Bladeguy.

Disco
Thank you Disco! Eyeing up your hot dog recipe.....I think it is in my future....lol.

i always grill steaks  never smoked them ,    the work to benefit ratio just aint worth it
I didn't smoke these, reverse seared. I seared them a tad too long, though.....timing is everything over that heat!
Nicely done! I pulled a couple of sirloin steaks from the freezer from a half steer I bought from a friend. I pan seared them and tossed them in the oven after spooning some butter and Chimayo chili powder over them.

Don't you just love good beef?!?
All these had was salt, nothing else.....well, unless you count the Maillard reaction.....but yes, let the beef taste shine and the juices drip down your chin!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky