Rib Rotisserie

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by smoken george, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Has anyone tried to make a Rib-o-later for a uds?

2. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I don't have a UDS but I have seen it and I bet it work work great to me.

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow I have never seen those before. It shows it right on their web page that it will fit in a UDS. 

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  4. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have seen them too. Great idea, everything would self baste.

6. I seen that online, I have some expanded metal left over from my charcoal basket upgrade for my chargriller I mite try and make it.  

7. rbranstner

I don't know if I agree with them saying they are going to be so much better then if you just put them right on the racks. I have never had an issue with mine drying out like they say they will. I will agree its cool but it looks like a pain in the butt to have to clean that up every time you smoke ribs. Anyone ever used one?

8. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ross, i agree the clean up is a little more than normal, but having done a lot of ribs on my lang and other smokers, i have never had the even pullback on the ribs that i had on ROL.....I reckon it could be blind luck...But im gonna stick with it..Plus there are so many other uses for it.Heck if i flip the ring it fits on my weber kettle... It's really a neat little gadget IMO....

9. rbranstner

I agree it's neat. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one. haha

10. Just what we all need more toys!!