Rib Hangers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbrinton2373

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Ogden
It seems through looking at the internet I have seen pics of ribs being smoked using a hangers.  I just bought a used GOSM and I am finding it hard to fit a whole rack of ribs in the smoker.  I want to try and find some type of hanger that will let me cook them vertically.  Has anyone seen anything like this or know of a way to make something that would work. 

hmm, I don't think I would want to hang ribs.. the way I like them they would end up falling to the bottm. 
biggrin.gif

Steve

I talked to a guy once that said the thump noise from the smoker was the alarm clock to go get um out, as they had just fell off the hook. Myself, I think landing in the bottom would not be pretty.

Check this out and see if that isn't what you are looking for...

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/854
Grizzly sells the same exact thing for nearly the same price.  Bought one last Friday for just this use.  If this works, then I'll get some more.

hmm, I don't think I would want to hang ribs.. the way I like them they would end up falling to the bottm. 
biggrin.gif

Steve
Maybe that's why I'm going to put a shelf all the way down on top of the water tray location, just in case
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I use a Brinkmann rib rack as seen here.  I know Home Depot carries them in some form and they are setting for winter so they might be on clearance! 

You might want to send Todd Johnson a PM. He was working on getting a bunch of them to sell. Not sure if that happened

icon_cool.gif

I'd go with the Butcher-Packer hangers but like Stir crazy said I don't know if I would want to hang my ribs. There's something about hearing them hit the bottom of the smoker daoesn't sound good. Worst yet not hearing them and finding them a hour or two later.

I found on my mes that i could roll the ribs up and tie with butcher string and get several on each rack.Or you could cut them.rolling is messy before and after the smoke but mine have all turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky