• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rhode Island Smoking Rookie

bcoogs

Joined Dec 5, 2013
Hello.  I am from Rhode Island and my name is Bill.  I have never smoked before and I am buying myself a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 for my Christmas present to myself.  I love BBQ and smoked food.  I travel extensively for work and hit every BBQ joint I can find on the way.  My 2 older boys are now in college in Florida and Louisiana, so my exposure to good quality BBQ has grown over the last few years.  I live on an island and bluefish and mackerel are easy to get all summer long.

I tend to be the kind of guy who researches the bejeezus out of things before I jump in, and my research has landed me here.  This seems like a great site and a great group in these forums.  I am excited to get started with my first smoker in the dead of a New England winter.

Wish me luck, but from what I can tell the WSM 18.5 seems to be a very friendly first smoker.  I want to tackle some baby back ribs and Texas Brisket on my first smoke. 

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Bill

Welcome to the forum.  Anything you need to know, just ask and several people will fill you in

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.