Reynold Wrap Butcher Paper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBCWCHS06

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
Figured this would be a good place to post this away from my other post. I did a brisket for the first time Friday and tried to use Reynolds Wrap Butcher Paper and couldn't figure it out so decided to do the foil boat method. But when I took it out of the paper some of the bark came off on the paper. Was that because it had just sat in the paper for a minute or 2 and didn't actually cook in it or is it a problem people run into with the butcher paper.

It was this paper from Walmart. Do I need to spray it with anything before wrapping but yeah it was some bark on the fat cap that came off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-121216-239.png
    Screenshot_20220801-121216-239.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 22
I spray my butcher paper before i wrap just so it clings and forms to the shape of the brisket way better. Wet paper sticks better than dry for sure. Then you don't need 3 hands to wrap. I spritz the brisket for good measure also.

Corey

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
No waxed or shiny side paper. Just plain food grade paper, but I have also used paper grocery bags, some say no, but I’m thinking they are food grade paper being grocery bags.

Reactions: millerbuilds
I’ve only used the paper SmokinGame SmokinGame mentioned and have never had a problem. I like to do the tallow smear when I wrap, it’s pretty popular right now and I think it works well. Not sure what caused it, was there sugar or something in your rub to make sticky? I doubt it’s a big deal though.

Reactions: 912smoker
I’ve only used the paper SmokinGame SmokinGame mentioned and have never had a problem. I like to do the tallow smear when I wrap, it’s pretty popular right now and I think it works well. Not sure what caused it, was there sugar or something in your rub to make sticky? I doubt it’s a big deal though.
It was a pre made rub it was actually the chupacabra brisket rub so not sure if it had sugar in it. I also used beef broth as a spritz I might have over sprayed it though

Alright good deal might go with a homemade rub without the sugar for my next brisket. Have heard just salt and pepper is good but can't find the recommended salt and pepper that alot of people use for their briskets

No waxed or shiny side paper. Just plain food grade paper, but I have also used paper grocery bags, some say no, but I’m thinking they are food grade paper being grocery bags.
Grocery bags, never thought of that. Seems like a good workaround if you're in a pinch.

I've got that Reynolds Butcher Paper too. The paper is exactly like my other paper I used before. One nice thing about it is, you can re-use the cardboard container with the slide cutter if you want to switch to another paper next time for whatever reason.

I've got that Reynolds Butcher Paper too. The paper is exactly like my other paper I used before. One nice thing about it is, you can re-use the cardboard container with the slide cutter if you want to switch to another paper next time for whatever reason.
Ah, good idea. I have another roll of butcher paper I got through Amazon, and that is the pain of it is cutting it with scissors. Not that that is the end of the world, but now, I don't need to buy a dispenser. Thanks!

Reactions: Marknmd
It wasn't the rub. Like
It was a pre made rub it was actually the chupacabra brisket rub so not sure if it had sugar in it. I also used beef broth as a spritz I might have over sprayed it though

Some will flake off if the bark is not set good. And lightly spritz or apply tallow to the paper as bauchjw bauchjw says.
That's a great rub for beef!
Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky