Review of Longhorn BBQ Pits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bbqbrisket, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Anyone have experience with a smoker from Longhorn bbq pits out of Uvalde, Tx ??

2. smokeybonesbo

smokeybonesbo Newbie

???????????
    I have been eyeballing this model, I was curious if anyone on here had any experience with them as well???????

3. If you can get a great deal on them, let me know and I will buy one.  This dude has good stuff and pretty much the same as his competitor, Lyfe tyme wanted one shipped but the shipping is obviously a killer.

4. smokeybonesbo

smokeybonesbo Newbie

They seem to be a little bit more reasonable (well for the going rate on 1/4 pits), and at least advertise military and law enforcement discounts. I'm in San Antonio so not to far away. I shot them an email, so hopefully I'll hear back soon

5. smokeybonesbo

smokeybonesbo Newbie

come to find out they have authorized dealers in Castroville, which is pretty close to me. Might have to give them the ol' eyeball test this weekend. 

6. let me know what you see.  I am only educated from the internet.  Maybe I will spring for the shipping.

7. paul6

paul6 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Love my Longhorn ,,,, Hope we are talking the same one ????? I used heat duct to lower the Chimney to grate level , put a seal on the cook chamber and put a 12" heat shield over  the smoke box , my mods cost about $30.Also built a charcoal basket . easy to maintain temps and to cold smoke !

8. smokeybonesbo

smokeybonesbo Newbie

9. paul6

paul6 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Nope but I kinda wish it was .

smokeybonesbo likes this.