Reverse Seared Tri Tip & Tater Wedges!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
I’ve been wanting to try out the new tec-teq super smoke since I got it and thought a reverse seared TT would be the perfect test. The wife picked up a pre marinaded TT from Costco so I tossed it on at 4 to hit with the 180 supper smoke at 6 the IT was only 92 but it was looking perfect!
F4882592-C11C-4AAD-9545-1E33C77E3308.jpeg

the kiddos and me were getting hungry so on the grill grates Weber it went for the sear!
5EFB0AEC-FA4D-4EC4-BEC3-179235DE9B73.jpeg

I also took some time to pan sear some roots seasoned with simple S@P
52456EE5-E368-47AF-9F58-2C3DA46CB04B.jpeg

since the grill was already going I punched it up to 425 to finish the roots while the TT was searing.
4B7560A9-BA78-47B8-9DD0-A6C1B5DC677F.jpeg

I pulled the TT when the center was 130 to rest for a few then sliced away!
5C6E557A-D48C-4AFD-9CE7-787D73407B95.jpeg

pretty dang pleased at this point!

and now the match up with the Yukon gold tater wedges the boy seared up, he done good!!!!
AB190328-BFFA-4490-BD80-303112A0D1FB.jpeg

Simple smoked & seared TT money!
668A93B0-EF85-4D2B-92A0-EB4491DD48F1.jpeg

over all very pleased with the smoke ring and the resulting flavor! Thanks for viewing din din at our house tonight!

Last edited:
Those potatoes look great. How did you like the marinade? I’ve never had good luck with pre marinated TT. But I haven’t tried Costco

Man that looks good! I stuffed myself earlier but I'd eat more of that for sure! Too many missed meals and sandwiches lately... time to make up for it! Lol

Ryan

Those potatoes look great. How did you like the marinade? I’ve never had good luck with pre marinated TT. But I haven’t tried Costco
second day dear Yukon’s a the best. We do the Costco ones all the time. They have a long date so my wife grabs them for those meal times when we have time but don’t need to be Johnny on that spot!

Good looking food as always!!
Thanks jcam! I wasn’t even going to take pics but when I opened it up after 2 hours in like I better take some pics!

Man that looks good! I stuffed myself earlier but I'd eat more of that for sure! Too many missed meals and sandwiches lately... time to make up for it! Lol

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Just simple clean beef plate! It was juicy!

Great looking meal. Shame that folks in my area have no idea what a Tri-Tip is...JJ

I’ve been wanting to try out the new tec-teq supper smoke since I got it and thought a reverse seared TT would be the perfect test. The wife picked up a pre marinaded TT from Costco so I tossed it on at 4 to hit with the 180 supper smoke at 6 the IT was only 92 but it was looking perfect!
View attachment 513379
the kiddos and me were getting hungry so on the grill grates Weber it went for the sear!
View attachment 513383
I also took some time to pan sear some roots seasoned with simple S@P
View attachment 513380
since the grill was already going I punched it up to 425 to finish the roots while the TT was searing.
View attachment 513381
I pulled the TT when the center was 130 to rest for a few then sliced away!
View attachment 513382
pretty dang pleased at this point!

and now the match up with the Yukon gold tater wedges the boy seared up, he done good!!!!
View attachment 513384
Simple smoked & seared TT money!
View attachment 513385
over all very pleased with the smoke ring and the resulting flavor! Thanks for viewing din din at our house tonight!
Civil, that looks tremendous, nice cook...
Great looking meal. Shame that folks in my area have no idea what a Tri-Tip is...JJ
Chef, I just wish that it was available around me somewhere, I'd definitely try it if I could find it...

Great looking chow right there. I'm still mad that it took me as many years as it did to even look at the meat shop around the corner from my house for them....

Great looking chow right there. I'm still mad that it took me as many years as it did to even look at the meat shop around the corner from my house for them....
Thanks mr w! TT's are a very nice beef protein! We get these ones for 6.99/lb so hard to pass up!
Hell yeah civil. Looks top notch as always!
Thanks Smokin! Always got to have a nice meal for dinner!
Great photos again!
Thanks aj! Like I said its darker sky's now so much better light for pics!
Thanks JJ! That is a SHAME. My daughter loves TT's pretty much her fav. Normally we do a sauce but this time just a spoon full of the juice from resting and bam!

Wow!! That looks outstanding. Beautiful cook on the tri tip and the plate looks super tasty. Great job by all.

Robert

Dude that looks awesome!
That is a perfectly cooked TT, for our taste’s.
That is an excellent meal for Judy & I!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky