Reverse Seared Bacon Wrapped Fillet w/ Red Wine Balsamic Reduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Since it was storming like crazy last night we opted to cook our valentines dinner tonight….

The wife brought these home in a gift bag and a card…..ie this was my gift….yup not a box of chocolate! She scored them on sale for 18 bills for the pare!!!

Seasoned them up with a blend of kinders and wrapped two slices of bacon around them….yes they are that thick!
F06700DB-403A-4C6C-8002-1327A4D8B25C.jpeg

Put them on the RT at 225 for 90 mins and they hit an INT of 125…..
D18FAF1D-812F-468C-937E-9B859DBDC9C7.jpeg

I then pulled them and let the rest for about 30 mins while I we worked on the other sides…. Then they went on the Weber sear station for 5 mins then flipped and moved to the top rack to roast and cook up to a INT of 135…..
AA04CA83-E2A9-4C26-BA40-E9FEABE1F2F2.jpeg

Did the test slice and section for my daughter, I thinks she smelled dinner and showed up hungry….at least I don’t have to do dishes now…lol! Oh yea money ( I did sear it a little heavy but still ok for the remaining…. It’s thick!
42EC939B-CF51-4BC8-BC01-F6B369F82FF8.jpeg

Served it up with some roasted baby spuds, pan seared greens, and some grilled Bella slices that were in the gift bag as well……
985BE844-5CF5-4C57-98D9-0557BEA253E1.jpeg

Holy smokes a plate full of love!!!
6F71FBDB-2BAC-4FD6-A1B3-914D49E3EE2A.jpeg

My wife did the spuds (partial boil, sliced, and roasted 425 in garlic butter) and the glaze (I’ve posted her recipe many times), she nailed both…..the glaze was magic!!!
F58F6376-9121-482F-BBA6-62B8A27B2FDC.jpeg

And think I only got her a new kindle reader……I think I still owe her!!!

Nice very very nice.

Point for sure
Chris

Absolutely stunning!! What a fantastic looking meal. That is worthy of being on the cover of a top shelf food magazine....as well as being on the carousel. I am duly impressed!!

Robert

Looks absolutely delicious. I’m in for sure.
Thanks SE! It was a nice present for sure!
Looks great. My mouth is watering for a bite or two or more.

Rob
Many thanks Rob, it was many mouth watering bites..... right down to when I licked the plate clean!
That looks absolutely beautiful!
Thanks SP, I appreciate it!
Looks great . I like the 135 finish temp . Great lookin plate .
Thanks Chop! Yea 135 is perfect for a fillet for me for sure!
Oh my does that look good! Now that is a great gift.
Many thanks Brian! Yea she did it right for me.....She said see after all these years I still know how to get to your heart.....LOL

Nice very very nice.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks excellant

Absolutely stunning!! What a fantastic looking meal. That is worthy of being on the cover of a top shelf food magazine....as well as being on the carousel. I am duly impressed!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! I always struggle with pouring the glaze over because it covers the protein for a presentation but its just the way it should be eating!!! I wife did perfect on the glaze and the spuds!!!
Beautiful plate civil! My kind of meal right there! Bet that was delicious. Congats on the carousel ride.
Thanks swamp, I appreciate it! Yea this is about the perfect meal for me on every level as well!
Wow, excellent looking meal!
I love my broccoli, could eat it with damn near every meal.
Many thanks moto! Oh yes broccoli is a stapple for sure! FYI, I prepare this by getting a boiling pot seasoned heavily with salt, garlic power, and onion powder. Once its got a boil I blanch the broc for 4-5 minutes top. I then transfer it to a large fry pan with a bit of butter and EVOL, once transferred (stem side down) I crank the heat to searing hot and then a pinch of additional seasonings (usually kinders blend or something like that) then I spoon based the florets and finish them to the perfect texture from the pan steaming....I it happens just about when all the "water" is out of the fry pan. This infuses the butter flavor and seasonings.... The stems are like artichoke hearts in flavor....Just yum yum yum!
Amazing looking meal! Congrats on the ride too!
Thanks Steve! I appreciate it and I appreciate the chance to share it with others!
WOW!! What a way to say "I Love You" for Valentine's Day...
Many thanks GS! Yes my wife knows how to speak to me for sure! She is a keeper!!!
That looks delicious! Love the glaze as well!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, as you know we do this glaze all the time and its money on a fillet!

Reactions: motocrash
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky