reverse flow or tuning plates

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jiwjake

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
I have started a new smoker and not sure which direction to go, I have had a smoker with tuning plates and enjoyed great success but never had a reverse flow.  The smoker I am currently thinking about has a smoke chamber which is 14" diameter and 32" long less than 3/16" thick, a 100 lb. propane bottle cut at the end caps.  The firebox is 1/4" plate and measures 15" x 15" x 16", a little big for this smoke chamber but large enough to add a warming box with either style or to hold a hot fire during the winter smokes.  Looking for the pros ad cons for each, who uses them and what they think. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky