Reuniting With An Old Friend: Smoked Pepper Crusted Beef Tenderloin (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice Robert , and to break bread ( sour cream and onion rolls ) with a great friend and his new love.

and yes you did pull out all the stops. Fantastic spread
Thanks so much David. The meal was very good but hooking back up with Gerald was the icing on the cake...well that and meeting Dana.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great meal, Robert and sharing with old friends really makes it special.
Thanks so much Charles and I agree 100%.
I've realized how important those relationships were/are and that life is short so I'm trying to reconnect with some of them again.
Tracy and I are in the same mode now. So many good friends we lost touch with when the pandemic hit. Starting to reach out to them and hopefully have a huge "reunion" party soon.

Robert

Wow! As usual you nailed the beef. Those potato's look awesome. I am a huge asparagus lover and that gravy!
Thank you Brian, I appreciate it. The meal came together well and everything worked.
I just bought a used bread machine to make those rolls but it going to be a while before I able to do them.
For these rolls, I just use the machine to make the dough, then let it proof, and portion it out by hand.

Robert

One hell of a story and a fantastic meal to accompany it, some fine work there Robert!
Thank you my friend. The meal was quite the experience but it was great to get back together with Gerald being that we've been friends for almost 15 years.

Robert

Wow, just wow! You keep one upping yourself, what's next?! This just looks absolutely incredible Robert. That tenderloin could not be cooked better, and I'm sure that peppery crust on it was the perfect touch. The sides all look wonderful. Two thumbs up for this post! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Wow Robert, like has been said multiple times - What a great meal with great friends. There isn't one aspect of that meal that is not carousel worthy! Going to try that asparagus recipe.

For these rolls, I just use the machine to make the dough, then let it proof, and portion it out by hand.
Yeah that what I am going to use it for so I don't have to drag the Kitchen aid out. Never was good at making bread in those things anyway. Sourdough my thing. Found one local on craiglist in great shape for $20 so had to do it.

Hard to say what already hasn’t been said! Your cooks are something to keep striving for, not just the meat, but the whole menu. That’s one of the things you’ve definitely influenced me on, I used to focus on the meat, but now I’m thinking about the whole meal! You SOB🤣! Just an incredible meal Robert. You really are an amazing friend to all and next level on cooks!

You've got some lucky friends Robert. That meal looks fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

That plate is perfection Robert! The doneness of that tenderloin doesn’t get much better! Nicely done and what a meal to serve to a friend/mentor.

Just setting the bar higher and higher. Great looking meal! And great to reconnect with friends.
Gee Jim, I didn't know there was a bar...except for the one I hang out in and drink beer :emoji_wink: Seriously though, I do thank you for the kind words. Deeply appreciated.

Robert

Wow, just wow! You keep one upping yourself, what's next?! This just looks absolutely incredible Robert. That tenderloin could not be cooked better, and I'm sure that peppery crust on it was the perfect touch. The sides all look wonderful. Two thumbs up for this post!
Thanks so much Tyler. The pepper crust has somewhat become a go-to for slow smoking roasts. It makes for a nice, tasty bark before dropping the smoker temp to finish. Can't telly ou how much I appreciate the kind words.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky