Reuben-Slaw-Pie!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks a ton Mike! Caramelized onion on a Reuben is like having it on a burger, have it once and you need it every time thereafter. I haven't gone out to eat since the pandemic started, even then I'd only go to a good steakhouse, I might be eating at home for the rest of my life. I find that if I just ponder for a moment or two what might make my meal a better experience, something will come up that's not that tough to pull off. Thanks you for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: MJB05615
Awesome! I’ve been doing the Rueben’s a bit since Friday too, but nothing as epic as yours! Great job!

What a feast Ray! Man that sandwich looks bomb and I do love the fattier parts. You have those SF strawberry pies down too!
Thanks Jeff-ro! If it weren't for you I'd be eating two pies a year instead of one every week, I pick up something from just about every cook you post! RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Boy Ray does that sannie look good, and the strawberry pie sounds yummy.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great Ray, and pie for dessert, sign me up.

And I'm in the always onion vote, fried or raw.
I love them in anything.... not in chocolate cake . That is just wrong, lol

David
Thanks David! Onions are just something we can't run out of, they seem to go with everything, tho you are correct, not chocolate cake, or strawberry pie. Thanks for the Like David, appreciate it! RAY

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Boy Ray does that sannie look good, and the strawberry pie sounds yummy.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! That sanny hit the spot, now it's time to think about spinning a yardbird and getting back outside. Thanks for the Like Chris! RAY

That's a heck of a sandwich, Ray. I love a Reuben and the onions are a nice addition...
Thanks Charles! Looks like not many have put caramelized onion on a Reuben, I can't remember the last time I went without them, same with a burger. Thanks for the Like Charles, appreciate it! RAY

Well Ray, I had a Reuben for supper tonight...sort of. We didn't have any corned beef left over, but my wife got out the panini press and made our version using smoked ham instead. I made the caramelized onions for them and it was good, but would've been better with corned beef, I'm sure. Homemade kraut and Thousand Island dressing, too. Sorry, no pics, so did I guess it didn't really happen... 🤣

Reactions: sawhorseray
Well Ray, I had a Reuben for supper tonight...sort of. We didn't have any corned beef left over, but my wife got out the panini press and made our version using smoked ham instead. I made the caramelized onions for them and it was good, but would've been better with corned beef, I'm sure. Homemade kraut and Thousand Island dressing, too. Sorry, no pics, so did I guess it didn't really happen... 🤣

It's just tough to think how that works out Charles. Of course I love the onions, but I never do them for a grilled H&C, and I do have one fairly often after a double smoked with some cheddar. I hope you enjoyed the sanny, tho it never really did happen. RAY

Wow that looks fantastic! Very well done.
Thanks Tom! Everybody has their own way and favorites, this is just one of mine, more than one way to skin a cat I reckon! Thanks for the Like bud, much appreciated! RAY

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky