Resting butts in the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotbags-10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Indy
Just wondering if anyone ever rests their butts in the smoker? Lately I've been going no foil on my butts for the bark which turns out great but when I wrap it to rest it does soften it some. That's why I was thinking I could rest in the smoker without wrapping. My concern would be at what temp to put the smoker or just keep it off and would you think it could dry out resting in there?

Also forgot to mention the idea of resting in butcher paper. I've heard about people doing this never tried it though. Supposedly doesn't soften bark like foil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bags, morning.... resting in the smoker at 160 ish is no different than sitting in a buffet line under the lights... Keep the meat temp above 140 and it should be fine....  Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky