• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Reporting from Pittsburgh, PA

tivadoc

Joined Dec 6, 2013
I'm totally new to smoking, but have been researching for a while now. I finally bit the bullet and I'm waiting for a Masterchef 30 I ordered from Amazon.  I joined this group because I liked what I saw and read here. Very helpful and friendly and that's what I'm going to need. I like to cook and grill for the family and do a little fishing and hunting when I can. Once I'm up and running I will post some pics and questions out there. 

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey tivadoc

Welcome.  Ask any questions you have and you'll get a dozen answers

Gary

humdinger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 27, 2012
Welcome from MI. Been to Pittsburgh a handful of times and really love it. PNC park is a beautiful ballpark and I could go for a Primanti's sandwich all the time!

tivadoc

Joined Dec 6, 2013
I did my first smoking session with two small chickens last night, and it was a total success!  The mahogany colored skin was beautiful and the meat was tender and juicy.  I would have posted pics but two teenage boys got to those chickens before I could grab the camera. My next project will be a bigger task, if I'm successful I will post my results, if not, well perhaps I won't.  Thanks for the encouragement and happy smoking.

aboynamedsue

Joined Dec 12, 2013
Hey there Tivadoc.  North of you near Butler.

A lot of Pittsburgh folk in the last couple weeks.  I am quite surprised at how many people from Pennsylvania are on here actually.

tivadoc

Joined Dec 6, 2013
I stumbled on this site doing my smoker research, like I bet most of us have. It's very friendly and has a ton of information, which is just what I need at this point!  You live in beautiful area of PA.  I used to hunt ducks and train labradors out that way many years ago and I always thought it would be a great place to live.  I will try to post some pics of my smoker success stories as they come.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.