Replacing 9907180024 Power Circuit Board for Masterbuilt MB20073119

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pte

Original poster
May 4, 2024
Hi I'm trying to replace the circuit board on a masterbuilt I got used. Previous owner has pulled out the circuit board as it had failed (below). Simple enough but I'm not finding pics of the wiring so I can put it back together correctly. Anyone willing to share a picture of theirs so I can see the color coding of wires. Thanks!
1000005866.jpg

If you type in mes rewire in the search option some threads should pop up. As normanaj said great time to update to a pid.

Reactions: pte
Don't know what model you're working with , but this is a Gen 1 MES 30 .
I believe the solid wires ( white / black ) are line voltage .
20190115_153338.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tallbm
OK , can't help if we don't know what the " situation " is . Maybe the model number too .

You asked for wiring pics . That's one for a Gen 1 MES 30 .
Product number is in the title and picture of circuit board up front. Sorry not an expert on forum lingo for that model. Described on Amazon as

Mes 130g Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker, Black. ... Also discontinued​

Hi I'm trying to replace the circuit board on a masterbuilt I got used. Previous owner has pulled out the circuit board as it had failed (below). Simple enough but I'm not finding pics of the wiring so I can put it back together correctly. Anyone willing to share a picture of theirs so I can see the color coding of wires. Thanks!View attachment 696081

Hi there and welcome!
I cant tell you exactly how to wire it if you can find a replacement board but chopsaw chopsaw 's pic below basically shows you where wires should likely go.

Circling back, I have a sneaky suspicion you won't find a replacement circuit board if you haven't already found one and gotten a confirmation that it is on its way or it's already in your hands.
If that is the case then your only option is to do a simple rewire of the MES and use a PID controller to control your MES. This is far superior to anything a replacement circuit board could do or any brand new MES unit could do for controlling an MES smoker.

The simple rewire makes it so the MES plug feeds power to the heating element while still keeping the safety limit switch in the mix. There is no control so the heating element will simply just heat up until the safety limit switch is triggered.
With this rewire you plug the MES into a PID Controller and drop the temp probe from the controller down the MES vent and clip to the bottom-center of the lowest smoker rack.
The controller will then take power from your wall outlet and feed it to the MES causing it to heat up until it hits and holds to the set temp you entered into the PID controller. Easy, peasy!

This makes your MES perform like $1,000+ electric smokers out there for a fraction of the cost!!!! It's like turning a golf cart into a Ferrari :D
I hope this info helps :D

Don't know what model you're working with , but this is a Gen 1 MES 30 .
I believe the solid wires ( white / black ) are line voltage .
View attachment 696092

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky