Rendezvous!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great setup and looks like a really good time Ryan, thanks for sharing, Like! RAY
Thanks Ray! It's alot of fun and does take some time and work for set up and tear down but we love it! Thanks for the like also, I appreciate it!

Ryan

I've been to a few '...vous
There is a big French history in this area and normally an annual rendezvous they chose to call a Chautauqua.

Most memorable '...vous was my son's first Camporee as a Boy Scout. Local Rendezvous group hosted the event.
I helped out with the black powder shoot and earned my tag.

Family is definitely family. I miss the Scouting adventures, but my time is over.
Thank you! Our local club used to have boy scouts come out and camp also, not so much in the last few years. We are lucky to have a nice gun range at ours. 1st weekend in May and 2nd weekend in October are our two events...been snowed on more than once!

Ryan

Reactions: Fueling Around
Ryan, that is nothing short of 1000 x AWESOME! I could use about a month of that right now! The old fashion spinning birds......amazing!

I have to admit, we have a trailer and it is nice but my all fav is going out in the wall tent! Just something about it....it has a way of awaking ones soul!

Oh I like the fire pic!
Thank you! It is so relaxing! Time with friends and family during vous is great also. I think sometimes we eat better at rendezvous than at home...plus it tastes better over a fire. We used to have a camper also but didn't use it much so we sold it. Had several lodges over the years but since getting the wall tent will never change to anything else. And yes...threw the fire pic in for you...figured I owed you a couple!

Ryan

Reactions: civilsmoker
Thanks JJ! We definitely love our time at rendezvous! Gizzards aren't for everyone, we even like em deep fried and chewy but after making them this way it's hard to go back

Ryan

Ryan, if you like them Breaded and Fried, simmer them with Celery, Onions, Carrots, Fresh Thyme and Bayleaf until tender. Let them cool, then bread and fry seasoned as desired. There is lots of flavor but the Gizzards are not Chewy. The Broth can be used for Stock or a Soup Starter...JJ

Wow, now that's cool. I've never had anything but fried gizzards (I love them) and I bet I'd like those. What a neat way to honor a rich history and past way of life.

I loved the birds on the spit. I know that was tasty!

Looks like an enjoyable way to spend some time with old friends and family Ryan. My wife like gizzards and hearts. Me not so much.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks like a Great, Fun, relaxing time, Ryan!!
Dang---I haven't had Gizzards in many years!!
Thanks for Showing!
Like.

Bear

I love the old style tents and chuck boxes ! Looks like good times n gizzards.

HT
Thanks HT! We really enjoy it. There is alot of great food cooked over fires that's for sure!
Great looking event. I'm sure you look forward to your yearly get together. Same as we do the gatherings.

Warren
Thanks Warren! I bet they would be alot of fun

Wow, now that's cool. I've never had anything but fried gizzards (I love them) and I bet I'd like those. What a neat way to honor a rich history and past way of life.

I loved the birds on the spit. I know that was tasty!
Thank you, I appreciate it! Give the gizzards a try...can be done using a crock pot, just not quite the same. The cornish hens made for some great tasting finger food!

Ryan

Looks like an enjoyable way to spend some time with old friends and family Ryan. My wife like gizzards and hearts. Me not so much.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, I appreciate it! Ya they are definitely not for everyone. Guess I forgot to mention the club usually smokes a bunch of pork loins and huge pot of beans, and all the campers bring a dish for camp potluck, but not this year. Our little potluck was just a few of us.

Ryan

Looks like a Great, Fun, relaxing time, Ryan!!
Dang---I haven't had Gizzards in many years!!
Thanks for Showing!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear! I appreciate it. Better get ya some!

Ryan

Sorry meant to comment earlier and forgot. Looks like a lot of fun man! Especially with plenty of cold beer to go along. Food all looks excellent. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I have that very same problem of forgetting! We never seem to run short on beer or any alcohol for that matter. We definitely have fun!

Very cool!
And the food looks delicious!
Al
Thanks Al! I appreciate it

Ryan

Excellant post, great camp.
Thats stuff that kids will always remember
I was at a camp ground down here in aussie land and a Black Powder club set up a camp like that.
Only rule was if you visit, you drink
Thanks Titch, I appreciate it! Well we don't make anyone drink but we might take it upon ourselves to take up their slack and drink for them!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky