• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
IMG_20210329_195142616.jpg

Reimagined Spaghetti and Meatballs/Reimagined Chicken Parmesan/Reimagined Chicken and Waffles - all wrapped into one!

How I made it:

Chicken Fried Chicken Meatballs

1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked Kosher Salt
1 8 ounce package of Ciliegine Mozzarella (1/3 ounce fresh mozzarella balls)
1 9 ounce package Louisiana Spicy Chicken Fry.

Mix all ingredients except mozzarella in a medium bowl and form 2 ounce ball and stuff with cheese. Makes 16 meatballs.
These were placed on a foil lined sheet pan and put into the deep freeze for about an hour.

IMG_20210329_180457954.jpg

Preheat deep fryer to 350F and start a pot of water for the pasta.

Pull meatballs out of freezer and mix up batter. The directions call for 5 tablespoons of batter mix to 1/2 cup of cold water.
Pour the rest of the dry mix into a gallon Ziploc bag.
Working in batches of 4-6, dip each meatball into the wet batter mix then drop into the dry mix in the Ziploc bag. Once you have 4-6 of them in the bag, shake it up to evenly coat the meatballs. Once they're coated drop them into the deep fryer for about 5 minutes.
The meatballs will float to the top once done and quickly remove them before the cheese bursts through and leaks out! Put them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain and hang out until they are needed for the dish.

IMG_20210329_191315085.jpg

Spaghetti

8 ounces of thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
1/2 cup of milk
3 ounces of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons of smoked Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients except spaghetti into a large bowl. Boil spaghetti just under the recommended time as it will finish in the waffle iron.

Once spaghetti is done boiling, drain and add to cheese mixture and mix thoroughly.

IMG_20210329_192613083.jpg

Put half into a preheated 7 inch waffle maker and cook for 6-8 minutes until crispy.

IMG_20210329_194110919.jpg

Preheat broiler to low and place spaghetti waffle on a foil lined sheet pan and top with marinara sauce or your favorite pasta sauce and sliced mozzarella cheese. Broil for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.

IMG_20210329_194214113.jpg

Top with chicken fried chicken meatballs and top with more grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!!

IMG_20210329_195357131.jpg

That looks really GOOD!
Wish I had a deep fryer and a waffle iron......
I picked up a cheap waffle iron for less than $20 at Walmart... Normally I would smoke meatballs but I wanted that crispy fried chicken part for this dish and used a wet batter for them.. they could also be done with a parmesan garlic type breading in an air fryer. Possibly could deep fry them on a deep pot on the stove too.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
I picked up a cheap waffle iron for less than $20 at Walmart... Normally I would smoke meatballs but I wanted that crispy fried chicken part for this dish and used a wet batter for them.. they could also be done with a parmesan garlic type breading in an air fryer. Possibly could deep fry them on a deep pot on the stove too.

That looks great. If you wanted to give a smoke flavor to the meatballs. add ~1/8tsp or to taste of liquid smoke of choice to the meat mixture or batter mix & deep/air fry as normal. 🍻
John

Reactions: kilo charlie
That looks great. If you wanted to give a smoke flavor to the meatballs. add ~1/8tsp or to taste of liquid smoke of choice to the meat mixture or batter mix & deep/air fry as normal. 🍻
John
Thank you!

I got a bit of smoked flavor by using the smoked Kosher salt that I make.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
I DO have an air fryer and the rusty old mental wheels are turning on the waffles (I'm temporarily banned from buying any more kitchen gadgets). Bookmarked!

Reactions: kilo charlie
I DO have an air fryer and the rusty old mental wheels are turning on the waffles (I'm temporarily banned from buying any more kitchen gadgets). Bookmarked!
I suppose you could get similar results making the spaghetti as a pancake in a smaller non stick pan on the stove?

That looks fantastic, i bookmarked for later. I can see so many variations of this way of cook, Thanks for the ideas

David

Definitely interested in seeing what you come up with!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky