Reheating Smoked Wings on Gas Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nate52

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2021
Queensbury, NY
The big balloon festival is this weekend and its kind of a tailgate party atmosphere on the runway at the airport. Because of covid, they aren't doing the regular vendors or food trucks. So I'll be feeding our group from the grill.

I'm planning on smoking some wings to serve. But the way the timing works out, I'll have to smoke them at home, transport them to the festival at 2:30, and then reheat to serve around 5. I'm planning to wrap them in foil and reheat on my little gas grill on low.

When they're freshly cooked, they'll be moist and delicious. But I'm worried about them drying out. Am I going about reheating them the right way? Or is there something that will work better?

I smoke, wrap, freeze, thaw, and reheat wings all the time. They always turn out just fine. For what you have planned…just don’t oversmoke them at home. Stop a bit short, wrap in foil, and keep in a cooler. You’ll be shocked how warm they will be at 5pm! Then for reheating, I would personally unwrap them and hear them right on the grill for just a few minutes.
But Smokerjim is right…don’t expect crispy…need a quick fry for that!

I have a shot at them being crispy when they come out of the smoker. I made them for the first time last weekend and used a light dusting of baking powder. They obviously weren't as crispy as deep fry, but they definitely weren't leather either.

If I reheat them unwrapped, I'm hoping to get some of the crisp I lose while they're wrapped for a few hours.

If you're cooking them that morning I'm with shaney on the cooler.
If you're doing them the day before your foil and grill idea should work.
Sounds like a fun time and we'd love to see balloon pics :-)

I have a shot at them being crispy when they come out of the smoker. I made them for the first time last weekend and used a light dusting of baking powder. They obviously weren't as crispy as deep fry, but they definitely weren't leather either.

If I reheat them unwrapped, I'm hoping to get some of the crisp I lose while they're wrapped for a few hours.
Yep if you reheat on hot grates ya might get them to crisp up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky