Reheating Boston butts! I

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevin02

Original poster
Feb 6, 2016
I have 2 Boston butts in the oven at 225 degrees. I have them both wrapped. Will this be ok or do I need to add some kind of juice? And how long shound I leave them? They are about 5lbs each. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Are you saying they are in a vintage Ovenex Pan? And, are they already cooked? Liquid in the pan will speed things up as steam tranfers heat faster than hot air. You should reheat at 325°F and figure an hour or 2. Probably 4 hours at 225...JJ

Last edited:
I smoked them yesterday. I'm just rewarming for the meal today. And it's just in a metal pan in my regular oven. They have been wrapped in foil since yesterday after smoking.

Last edited:
Ok...The easiest thing to reheat is Pulled Pork as you have options, bagged in simmering water, in a slow cooker, on the stove or in the oven. Intact Butts take more time because of the mass and it takes a higher IT than just ready to eat hot to melt the gelatin and get it to pull easily. Any how, some Apple Juice, 1 Cup, will speed things up and the higher the oven temp the faster it will go as I said above...JJ 

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about  everything.

What Chef JJ said

Gary

If they're still wrapped in the original foil after smoking they should be fine. They'll heat well at 225 or 325, as long as the residual juice from the butts is still in the package. I do this every year for our party on the 4th of July and it turns out great.

I have never kept mine whole as i came to the same problem, so I just pull mine and vacuum seal them, then put bag in water and heat water up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky