reheat ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Upstate new york
Ok need some help here i want to do a pork butt but i am crunched for time i have read some post were people will cook  the meat  day before and than reheat it the day they are eating it. When i smoke the butt do i cook it the whole way to 200 degrees than when i put in the oven the next day do i bring it back up to 200 degrees(what temp do i put the oven on and how long to get it back to 200 degrees). Any help will help me i don't really want to do it this way but have no choice this time. thanks

tyotrain

When I reheat I set the oven to 250° and heat just until it is hot enough to eat.  I don't see any reason to bring it back to the 200° mark unless you just want to.

ok so should i smoke it than pull the pork or smoke it reheat it than pull it? sorry for all the ?'s just never had to do this before

I actually pull it right after it has completed the resting process and reheat it later already pulled as it reheats a lot faster that way.

If you have a vac sealer you can put the meat in a sealed bag and heat it in hot but not boiling water. The reason I like this method best (even if you have to use baggies and double bag) is that you dont dry out the meat at all. No matter what method you use try to retain the cooking liquid an add it back into the meat after you defat it. This will help keep the meat moist

Good luck  

I do that quit often. Reheating the next day. Once it it finished, I pull it then. Then, load it into the fridge and the next day (or the day of the event) reheat it on the smoker. Tossing it every so often. That is the way I do most of my larger smokes. It seems to work just fine. Just make sure you have some sort of finishing sauce or the juices from the meat to keep it moist. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky