Regular Old Fried Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Skinless of course. Why bread the skin and then not eat it? I dip in egg wash then a bread crumb, bread flour, herbs and spices mix, POG and a few other goodies from the rack.
DSCN1977.JPG

For years I've been frying my thighs in a mix of 2/3 veg oil and 1/3 olive oil, we like the flavor. Too breezy to cook outside.
DSCN1978.JPG

It takes about 7-8 minutes a side to get cooked through, comes out golden brown and juicy
DSCN1979.JPG

Plate it up with a little tater salad and zukes, little glass of wine
DSCN1980.JPG

Amazing how something so simple and easy can make you feel so good, no sauce needed, just plain old pan-fried goodness. Thanks for lookin'! RAY

We need to drop the Sawhorse and call you Colonel Sanders Ray! Looking good man. I agree with Pushok I know you are better than just a small glass of wine lol

Reactions: sawhorseray
Awesome looking chicken thighs and a beautiful plate! I love chicken thighs breaded and fried on a pan... Ray, this sounds great but..... why "little glass of wine" ? I know you are better than that!!! :emoji_wink:

It's the same 8 ounce crystal glass that I've had my Evan in Push. True, it's not a dainty little wine glass, but it's not a beer mug either! Thank you for the like Push, I appreciate it. RAY

Looks amazing ray. Love me some fried chicken

Me too Jake! Sometimes a man just craves fried chicken and nothing else is going to do. RAY

We need to drop the Sawhorse and call you Colonel Sanders Ray! Looking good man. I agree with Pushok I know you are better than just a small glass of wine lol

I used to love the Kentucky Colonel when I was kid John! Course that was back in the day I'd gobble down all that skin fat without a second thought. Now I make health food! RAY

Looks good Ray! I, too miss the days when eating the skin was acceptable. But it is what it is, right? Enjoy.

Mike

Looks like a tasty meal there Ray

Thanks Jim, and thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Looks good Ray! I, too miss the days when eating the skin was acceptable. But it is what it is, right? Enjoy. Mike

Yep, seems the older we get the more things we have to quit Mike, drugs, smokes, booze, food. That's why you don't want to quit anything too soon. If you go to the doctor's office and don't have anything left to quit I reckon you just die. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: MJB05615
Looks great Ray.
Yeah miss the simpler if less informed days ... and my mothers fried chicken, and Italian seasoned cube steaks.
If it wasn’t for the grandkids I’m about the age to be thinking what the hell ... at least I’m going happy and full!
Need to come up with some kind of vices trading matrix ... :emoji_thinking:

Looks tasty as hell Ray! Hard to beat the comfort of fried chicken too!

Hell Joe, when I think about I can't recall anyone ever saying "no thanks, I don't like fried chicken". That first crispy bite, the warm juicy oil, I love fried chicken! RAY

Fine looking chicken Ray! And you're right, sometimes ya just gotta have it Ryan

Because the human body craves fried food Ryan! It can be shrimp, or rockfish, or a chicken fried steak, but it's needs to happen. It's easy to quit sugar and cut down on carbs, tho the body will cry out for carbs after awhile. Breaded and fried? I need it about once a week, even fried zucchini will do. RAY

Been a long time since good ole fried chicken. Gotta do it again soon.

There's no time like the present Rider! Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Now that is one nice lookin' plate Ray! :emoji_thumbsup: I am doing the turkey tenderloins tonight.....just got back to the mountains. BIG LIKE! John

Thanks you my friend! I imagine you are a little cooler than the 112º in the shade it is in my backyard right now, we just got out of the pool. We might blast off to up around Flagstaff soon, tho I have an app for roof maintenance on my camper come this Monday, I'm going to snoop around tomorrow for turkey tenders. Thanks for the Like amigo, mucho appreciendo! RAY

Looks great Ray. Yeah miss the simpler if less informed days ... and my mothers fried chicken, and Italian seasoned cube steaks. If it wasn’t for the grandkids I’m about the age to be thinking what the hell ... at least I’m going happy and full!
Need to come up with some kind of vices trading matrix ... :emoji_thinking:

I can remember when my mama got margarine for my dad to eat instead of butter. Then they found that the poly unsaturated fats in the stuff were far worse than just butter. There are no trades, it's all just a crapshoot! Thank you for the Like, I truly do appreciate it. RAY

Those look amazing Ray!! Love chicken thighs.

Yes sir, and thank you! There was a time in life I lived on 3,000 acres of beets, barley and cotton, all mine to protect from outsiders. If we had $5.00 we'd buy a box of shotgun shells and some beer. Pheasants were always on the menu back than, roosters or hens, in season or out, didn't make a dammed bit of difference. I guess I should feel bad about that, but I don't. After 45 years they'd have all been poisoned anyway in the San Joaquin Valley. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky