Ref; Reviewing the Inkbird IBT-4XS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
Inkbird Review:

Alright lets start with the speed of delivery...Amazon told me a 5-7 days delivery time and Inkbird had it there the next day! Can not beat this delivery time.

Packaging: This was a neatly packaged product with every thing still easily spotted, accessible, and not hard to pop out of the box and sleeve for it. It also has clamps for holding the wires.

The design: The actual control unit is compact as is the wire for the USB recharging of the rechargable batteries. The thermal probes require a slight push to engage, meaning you know when you have one seated properly. I personally think the nicest aspect of the design is the rechargable battery.

It also incorporates a blue tooth technology allowing you monitor the temperatures of each probe, including alarm settings, and the battery power of the control unit. Even better concerning the blue tooth is you don't need to have to keep goign out to reconnect it. It has an auto-connect functionality which works fine! Just remember this unit isn't in any way water proof. <So don't forget it outside!>

Probes: It comes with 3 standard sharp probes for meat, and one rounded blunt one for oven cooking etc. It still works fine in meat, and it can be used in jam/candy making. We tested it for non smoker use by heating up jam for canning and using it to check the temperature levels etc.

Over all, it's a great design, good functionality and low cost compared to other probes. Having used Maverick for years, I can say I'd stick with Inkbird over Maverick. My only complaint is because of the long cords and having so many that function well, I want to try and fit more food in the smoker at once! ;)

Link:

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
Thanks for the review. I just had a gracious member Tx Smoker send me his he was no long using...practically brand new. I wasn't able to smoke anything this past weekend but hoping to try it out this coming weekend.

It's definitely a nice set up.

I'm looking forward to using it to try and monitor candy making temps. Don't make candy often but it'll be nice to have some thing reliable for trying it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky