Ref; Gyro Hash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fair enough. Thanks. Remembered years ago, in Michigan anyways, you had to provide the tax ID number of your business. this was so you did not get charged sales tax on many items but also weeded out folks like me trying to get a deal! :-D

Fair enough. Thanks. Remembered years ago, in Michigan anyways, you had to provide the tax ID number of your business. this was so you did not get charged sales tax on many items but also weeded out folks like me trying to get a deal! :-D

You can use your SS# as your tax id. If you do that you need a vendor permit. State of WI. If you want a tax id you can easily get that through the IRS.

I am following Wisconsin law and GFS policy so I don't understand why some folks think I am doing some shady deal. This is no different than Sam's Club or Costco.

Reactions: Ben58
Went to GFS on the way home yesterday. There was no membership fees, no certain criteria, and was open to the public. Neat store I might add. The HUGE walk in cooler made my wife go back out to the car for our hoodies! Got the Gyro meat and a bunch of other goodies.

Reactions: JC in GB
Went to GFS on the way home yesterday. There was no membership fees, no certain criteria, and was open to the public. Neat store I might add. The HUGE walk in cooler made my wife go back out to the car for our hoodies! Got the Gyro meat and a bunch of other goodies.

Nice, hope or works for you as well as it has for me. I really loved the individually frozen St. Louis cut ribs. So very convenient to have a box of those in the freezer.

Nice, hope or works for you as well as it has for me. I really loved the individually frozen St. Louis cut ribs. So very convenient to have a box of those in the freezer.

Since it is 1.5 hour drive from home we will probably only stop there when we are in that area. Probably coming back from the falls. Which we do a couple times a year for a weekend get away. I saw the ribs, but didn't get them. I got 10 pounds of steaks, 2 bellies, and a smallish beef tender loin. I came very close to throwing a whole brisket in there as well. And some crab and cheese. Oh, and the Gyro meat. Which was the main reason for going there.

Since it is 1.5 hour drive from home we will probably only stop there when we are in that area. Probably coming back from the falls. Which we do a couple times a year for a weekend get away. I saw the ribs, but didn't get them. I got 10 pounds of steaks, 2 bellies, and a smallish beef tender loin. I came very close to throwing a whole brisket in there as well. And some crab and cheese. Oh, and the Gyro meat. Which was the main reason for going there.

If you are like me and JC you open an account and when you know you'll be going through..you set a delivery date to the store and pick your order on the way home... ;)

we don't have those down here in NY, the Buffalo one is nearest at about 8 hours. We do have restaurant depots here and I could get an account but everything has to be bought by the case.

They have Kronos gyro meat, sliced and ready to cook $31.90 for a 10lb case.

we don't have those down here in NY, the Buffalo one is nearest at about 8 hours. We do have restaurant depots here and I could get an account but everything has to be bought by the case.

They have Kronos gyro meat, sliced and ready to cook $31.90 for a 10lb case.
I saw that. But it was just beef with a spice blend. I went with a 5 pound box of Olympia Foods Beef & Lamb Gyro Meat. Because it has Lamb. And the reviews were good. That was 20.99 for the box. Most of the stuff from GFS will be bulk, by the case.

I saw that. But it was just beef with a spice blend. I went with a 5 pound box of Olympia Foods Beef & Lamb Gyro Meat. Because it has Lamb. And the reviews were good. That was 20.99 for the box. Most of the stuff from GFS will be bulk, by the case.
I will have look tomorrow, Kronos makes beef, Halal beef and lamb and beef combo types. I sure would love to make Gyros using a low carb wrap instead of a pita like you get them in a restaurant.

Last edited:
Just joined Restaurant depot (free), The Kronos gyro meat is a lamb/beef blend, I will probably grab some on way home. They also had huge plate beef ribs, prime @$5.79/lb. must have been at least 5 ribs in them. One thing about this place is all their meat is never frozen from the slaughter house to their door, it is really where almost all restaurants get their food.

Last edited:
Just joined Restaurant depot (free), The Kronos gyro meat is a lamb/beef blend, I will probably grab some on way home. They also had huge plate beef ribs, choice @$5.79/lb. must have been at least 5 ribs in them. One thing about this place is all their meat is never frozen from the slaughter house to their door, it is really where almost all restaurants get their food.

The fresh meat I saw here also looked very good. I'm thinking another trip sooner than I thought.

Yeah, that could a problem.....Just remember. It is easier to ask for forgiveness then permission with your SO.
How do you think I ended up with these in my garage? lol I think she is on to me by now.
lift.jpg
IMG_0569.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG

Just joined Restaurant depot (free), The Kronos gyro meat is a lamb/beef blend, I will probably grab some on way home. They also had huge plate beef ribs, choice @$5.79/lb. must have been at least 5 ribs in them. One thing about this place is all their meat is never frozen from the slaughter house to their door, it is really where almost all restaurants get their food.

I am going to give the Kronos meat a try tonight.

I am going to give the Kronos meat a try tonight.
let me know how it is? I bought a 5lb bag of it shaved and pre-cooked but am probably not eating it tonight. How did you repackage it? I think I need to portion it and vacuum pack it into meal sized portions.

so I actually cooked some of the meat tonight and it is spot on like I would get in any of the Greek restaurants here. Tomorrows dinner will be gyros in a low carb wrap.

let me know how it is? I bought a 5lb bag of it shaved and pre-cooked but am probably not eating it tonight. How did you repackage it? I think I need to portion it and vacuum pack it into meal sized portions.

I vacuum packed mine into 8 oz portions. Since it was loose packed in a cardboard box I was concerned about freezer burn.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky