Ref; Food Saver Bag Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
First; I love having a food saver. What I don't like is checking the prices for their brand of food bags.

So I was doing some Amazon browsing and saw this;

Has any one used this specific brand before? Is there a preferred SMF off brand to actually using FoodSaver bags? I don't need them to Sous Vide. Just vacc seal.

Reactions: tropics
Hi, I don't know what you use for size and how many you use, I went to Lisa b at Vacuum sealers unlimited. I ordered a dozen rolls at a time, You can order whatever amount or size, Heavy duty or reg. They are a good product. She also does a discount on orders or advertises here as well. Look here up.

I bought a box of food saver rolls. I think they work great. Mine had 8" and 11" rolls.
I don't do SV either.

I was wondering what ref; was for at the beginning of all your topics ..

I don't think I would ever buy the bags for myself. Expensive.. I need a canister or 2 though.. :)

I bought a box of food saver rolls. I think they work great. Mine had 8" and 11" rolls.
I don't do SV either.

I was wondering what ref; was for at the beginning of all your topics ..

I don't think I would ever buy the bags for myself. Expensive.. I need a canister or 2 though.. :)
Ref means Reference. It's an old habit from when I worked in a job where we got alot of emails sent to personal email addresses related to the job. We'd put 'Ref;' so we could easily bring up every thing job related.

And All the food saver brand bags are twice as expensive as off-brands..

Hi, I don't know what you use for size and how many you use, I went to Lisa b at Vacuum sealers unlimited. I ordered a dozen rolls at a time, You can order whatever amount or size, Heavy duty or reg. They are a good product. She also does a discount on orders or advertises here as well. Look here up.
Just googled that up :) I knew there was a brand other then Foodsaver it self SMF people used!

Tom thanks for the info,I just ordered them
Richie
Guess you'll find out before I do about them being good!

I figured after I do my bacon I'll need to order more because I plan to do about 6 pieces of bacon per bag!

Guess you'll find out before I do about them being good!

I figured after I do my bacon I'll need to order more because I plan to do about 6 pieces of bacon per bag!
Make the bags a little longer you can reseal them.
Richie

Make the bags a little longer you can reseal them.
Richie
I doubt it'll last long enough to be resealed ;) I am thinking of ordering these and keeping the boxes for the cutter bit, then just ordering huge bulk rolls from there on out. That's my biggest problem, getting the darn things cut in a straight line. Out of the 5 scissors I tried, none seem to really cut through well!

The rolls I ordered from Lisa were 50ft rolls. Cut fine with cutter on machine and with scissors but that is the wifes job, she is very particular with that and wrapping.. :D Makes it easier for me that way. Not sure if the cutters on the boxes would work for these rolls though.

First; I love having a food saver. What I don't like is checking the prices for their brand of food bags.

So I was doing some Amazon browsing and saw this;

Has any one used this specific brand before? Is there a preferred SMF off brand to actually using FoodSaver bags? I don't need them to Sous Vide. Just vacc seal.
I had good luck with a food saver and off brand bags. They did not work well in my vacmaster though.

The rolls I ordered from Lisa were 50ft rolls. Cut fine with cutter on machine and with scissors but that is the wifes job, she is very particular with that and wrapping.. :D Makes it easier for me that way. Not sure if the cutters on the boxes would work for these rolls though.
My machine doesn't have the built in roll dispenser. Older Model V2244. I'm actually thinking of finding if some where in the basement I have an old paper cutter or some thing. Al mentioned a thing he uses for cutting tinfoil etc, not sure if it would work for these rolls.

But I guess I'll have to order some bulk rolls soon to last me through a year or two!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky